Sharing our weekend at the Phoenician Resort Scottsdale Arizona. So happy to beat this Arizona heat in their gorgeous pools and restaurants!
With the kids having such a short summer we decided to do a really fun “staycation” at The Phoenician Resort instead of heading to California like the rest of Arizona does We walked outside of the resort after checking in to see this beautiful view. Took my breath away knowing we get to play here for the weekend. Many people asked if it’s a good place to take the kids. My answer, yes it is! So many beautiful pools to choose from. A fun waterslide and splashed that my kids loved.
We loved the Flight of The Phoenix demonstration where you learn about beautiful Arizona birds. Pax was obsessed with this beautiful own named Archimedes. The boys also loved the Koi Fish Feeding where the giant Koi fish would flock. Quite a fun sight. So many other activities to choose from too, really something for everyone.
Photos via The Phoenician
Their rooms are clean, classy and beautiful with lovely views. Huge bathroom with a great tub.
After we unpacked our bags, we strolled over to Relish Burger Bistro. I was really excited to try this with the family.
My oldest son ordered this Orange Float….it was amazing. I ordered that delicious wedge salad loaded with blue cheese and bacon.
My husband ordered the Cobb Burger on a Whole Wheat Bun and I ordered the Cowboy Burger on the Right on a Brioche Bun. Oh my goodness you guys, these burgers were amazing….and look at that presentation?! A+
The highlight of our dinner was definitely the do it yourself s’mores brought right to the table. I mean, how fun is that?! The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever…and so did I, lol!
Poor Pax was not happy he didn’t get a skewer, ha! Don’t worry, he got plenty of marshmallows to snack on.
What a treat to enjoy a pool day in one of the Phoenician Cabanas stocked with cold drinks, sunscreen and an Evian mister! (my boy’s favorite) Felt spoiled for sure.
We spent lots of time at the splash pad area with the kids. Pax loved this big water gun
Always good times on a waterslide when it comes to my boys. Pax even loved going down on dad’s lap.
More beautiful pool views and snacks. All delicious!
Sunday brunch was out of this world at Il Terrazzo. So much beautiful food to choose from.
Everywhere I walked there was beautifully prepared dishes for the taking. Yogurt parfaits, fresh green juice shots, waffles, omelet bar, hot casseroles with bacon, sausage and potatoes. Seriously the list goes on and on. I was so frustrated when I was full, because I wanted to try everything, lol!
Two of my many plates.
Another highlight for us is The Phoenician Ice Cream Parlor and Cafe. We visited often. Breakfast, lunch, pastries and ice cream. Can’t beat that!
Pax was so excited for his Mint and Chip Ice Cream Cone.
So many amazing memories were made at The Phoenician. So happy to have spent the weekend with my family. Looking forward to planning another visit in the future.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with The Phoenician, however thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
These Double Chocolate M&M’s Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are the perfect sweet treat this summer to keep nice and cool!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with M&M’s to help create some delicious recipes for their new Pinterest page. It’s no secret that I love adding M&M’s to my recipes for hints of chocolate in every bite.
M&M’s recently launched their new Pinterest Page, be sure to check it out HERE to get some yummy baking inspiration!
These ice cream cookie sandwiches are so much fun to prepare and the whole family loves them. You can even prepare these ahead of time, wrap and freeze until ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy!
I used these adorable M&M’s Minis Baking Bits for my cookies. You can also use the regular Mini M&M’s candies if you can’t find these.
Start by creaming your butter and granulated sugar.
Add your brown sugar.
One large egg next.
A nice splash of vanilla.
Time for the dry ingredients.
M&M’s!!! This dough is my favorite!
Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool completely and place a large scoop of ice cream in the middle.
Ah! Enjoy friends!
Double Chocolate M&M’s Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 22 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s Mini’s Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Place large scoop of vanilla ice cream in between two cookies and serve.
Makes 18 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with M&M’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Tags: bacon, cheddar cheese, fried egg, spinach, turkey burgers
This Ultimate Breakfast Turkey Burgers are packed with all of my favorite ingredients and puts a smile on everyone’s faces!
So excited to partner with Butterball today to bring you this Ultimate burger! Butterball has so many great products to help make amazing dinners for your family.
I used Butterball’s All Natural Turkey Burgers. Talk about easy to prepare. You can pull them right out of the packaging straight to the grill or skillet. Love!
Here are your line up of ingredients. I wanted to use some hash browns, bacon, spinach, cheddar cheese and a fried egg for my burger. Mmm!
I cooked my turkey burgers right in a hot skillet. Cook both sides until browned and cooked through.
The last minute, add your cheese, cover skillet with a lid to melt.
Fry up your egg and it’s time to assemble!
A layer of spinach then turkey burger to start.
Hash browns up next.
Bacon slices and fried egg on top.
Serve with a little side of your favorite salsa and it’s time to enjoy!
So excited for you to try this burger. Enjoy friends!
The Ultimate Breakfast Turkey Burgers
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 20 min
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 Butterball All Natural Turkey Burgers
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Hamburger buns, split
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices cooked bacon strips
- Heat two medium skillet over medium heat. Place 1 teaspoon olive oil into one of the skillets. Add 1/2 cup hash browns into hot skillet and let cook for 2 minutes each side, until browned. I keep them in a round shape to fit onto burger. Continue until all 4 hash brown rounds have been cooked.
- Spray second skillet with non stick cooking spray and add the turkey burgers in batches until browned and cooked through. During the last minute, add a cheese slice. Cover skillet with lid to melt quickly. Remove and set aside.
- In batches, fry eggs in the first skillet over medium heat spraying with cooking spray first. Cover skillet with lid to cook egg without flipping it.
- Place buns, split side down into hot skillet to brown/toast slightly. Spread lightly with mayonnaise. Layer bottom buns with spinach leaves, turkey burger, hash brown round, bacon, egg and top bun. Serve with a side of mild salsa if desired. Serve burgers immediately.
Makes 4 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Butterball. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
It is a pleasure partnering with Newman’s Own today to bring you a new beautiful salad recipe today.
It’s so nice having a fresh colorful salad in the summertime. Cool and refreshing is the way to go!
Did you know that with every bottle of Newman’s Own salad dressing that you buy, you are helping charitable causes? Newman’s Own dressing makes a difference in your salad, while it also makes a difference for charity.
Making good food and pursuing the common good have been Newman’s Own mission since Paul Newman first started the company in 1982.
I’ve used Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger Dressing for a zesty salad packed with so many great flavors. It’s one of my favorite dressings that I even like to use when marinating my chicken breast. Give that a try next time you are ready to grill!
Newman’s Own is inviting consumers to showcase how they take their salad from ordinary to extraordinary using Newman’s Own Dressing for an opportunity to direct a $35,000 donation to their charity of choice. The contest in a perfect way to get your daily dose of greens and serve up some serious green to a charitable cause!
Visit Newman’s Own website HERE to enter an inspirational salad recipe.
The “Greens For Good” Salad Recipe Contest begins June 23rd, 2015 and the entry-phase closes August 21, 2015. On October 21, 2015, Newman’s Own will announce the $35,000 grand prize winner and charity. The top ten finalists will be posted online for public voting to help determine the top nine finalists and the Grand Prize winners! The top nine finalists will receive a $1,000 donated to their non-profit of choice. Good luck everyone!
Start with your favorite salad greens and add some grated carrots.
Add your sliced almonds next.
Sliced cherry tomatoes up next.
Add some quartered English cucumbers.
Some beautiful mandarin oranges.
Top with your roasted broccoli.
Beautiful, colorful and hearty salad!
Enjoy friends! For more salads see HERE.
Roasted Broccoli Mandarin Sesame Ginger Salad
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup fresh grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups quartered English cucumber
- 2 cups mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. Place broccoli florets onto baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide mixed greens between 4 salad bowls. Top evenly with carrots, almonds, tomatoes, cucumbers, mandarin oranges and roasted broccoli.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss and serve.
Makes 4 Servings
This post is in partnership with Newman’s Own however thoughts are my own.
So excited to share my Sandestin, Florida Vacation with you! Beautiful crystal blue oceans with the softest white sand I’ve ever felt. Amazing!
Can’t say enough about this gorgeous “girls beach trip” I took last month with some of my best blogging friends. Sandestin is such a great destination for complete relaxation and fun for everyone.
Our beautiful condo! Photo via Amanda
When we arrived, we got a bite to eat then headed straight to the beach for a Gourmet S’mores Party. Best night ever.
The next morning we enjoyed one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had at Sunset Bay Cafe. The Banana Brûlée French Toast, the crazy potato fries and THAT CINNAMON ROLL. Oh my goodness, the best!
After breakfast, it was time for Paddle Boarding with YOLO!
We did it! It was so windy, but so glad I finally got to try it with these girls!
Next up was lunch at Marina Bar and Grill. Can you believe the size of this fabulous burger?!
After lunch we came back to our condo, had some downtime and got ready for a 5 course dinner from Sandestin’s new Executive Chef, Javier Rosa. Literally one of the best meals I’ve had.
Breakfast the next morning from Another Broken Egg Cafe Nom Nom Nom.
Such a fun lunch at The Beach House Restaurant. Right on the water with the most beautiful views of the beach.
Here we are right before our last dinner. Sure love these ladies!
We enjoyed our last dinner at Marlin Grill. Beautiful restaurant, fabulous food!
PJ Party was a must. I have the best memories of this girls trip. Can’t wait to plan another trip to Sandestin with my family in the near future!
Huge thanks to Amanda and the fabulous Sandestin reps who made this possible.
Be sure to enter to win a trip to Sandestin below! Good luck!
- 3 day / 2 night stay for 2 (See official contest rules for details.)
- 1 Round of Golf for 2 (Baytowne, Raven, or The Links)
- 2 Breakfasts for 2 at Sunset Bay Café (1 entrée + 1 Bloody Mary or Mimosa per person)
- Beach chair + umbrella set up for 1 day
- $100 Gift Certificate to Marlin Grill
Tags: beef, meatballs, party food
This post was brought to you by the makers of French’s Sweet Yellow Mustard and Spicy Yellow Mustard. I received compensation to write this post through the Sweet and Spicy Influencer Program…all opinions expressed are my own.
Thrilled to share these fun party meatballs with you today! I’ve partnered with French’s Mustard to bring you a new appetizer that will be the hit of the party. Flavorful bite size meatballs with a mustard cream sauce that pops with sweet and spicy notes.
So excited to share these two new mustard flavors with you today! French’s Spicy Mustard with Cayenne Pepper and French’s Sweet Mustard with Brown Sugar. The flavor possibilities are endless, perfect for something sweet, spicy or a little of both! I love that French’s isn’t just for hotdogs and hamburgers, its perfect for bringing amazing flavor to everyday cooking such as my meatballs and mustard cream sauce.
Crafted with only simple, quality ingredients, including stone-ground #1 mustard seed, French’s Classic Mustard has been America’s best-loved mustard for more than 100 years.
Place your beef into a large mixing bowl. Add your ingredients into the bowl.
I added French’s Spicy Mustard for a nice little kick to the meatballs.
Gently stir all ingredients together. Mix until just combined.
Take about 2 tablespoons of beef and roll into meatballs.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches, browning all sides.
Prepare your mustard cream sauce while the meatballs are browning. You’ll use French’s Sweet Mustard and Spicy Mustard that makes the perfect sauce over your meatballs.
Remove meatballs from pan, carefully pour hot oil from pan. Add meatballs back to skillet and pour in the mustard cream sauce.
Add a few pinches of fresh thyme and now it’s time to enjoy!
Perfect for snacking on with a fork, or great served with a side of pasta.
Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 30 min Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French’s Spicy Mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon French’s Sweet Mustard
- 1 teaspoon French’s Spicy Mustard
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add Panko, Parmesan, salt, pepper, egg, milk, mustard and hot sauce. Gently mix until combined. Take 2 tablespoons of meatball mixture and roll into balls. In batches, add meatballs to hot skillet, browning all sides, about 5 minutes. Removed meatballs. Remove oil from skillet then add meatballs back to skillet over low heat.
- To prepare mustard cream sauce, place butter into medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper until thick and bubbly. Slowly whisk in half and half cooking until thickened. Whisk in mustards and chicken broth until smooth. Pour sauce over meatballs. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired. Serve immediately. Sauce thickens as it simmers. As needed, stir in additional chicken broth to loosen sauce.
Makes 4 Servings, 4-5 meatballs each serving
These Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are the perfect summer dinner recipe. Simple and full of great flavor!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new quick and simple dinner ideas! These chicken drumsticks could not be more simple to prepare and have a zesty taco glaze like coating. With just a few ingredients, you are on your way to an awesome grilled dinner!
I used Old El Paso’s Original Taco Seasoning Mix, fresh lime juice and minced garlic to season the drumsticks.
Place your drumsticks into a large zip top bag.
Pour in your lime juice.
1 packet of taco seasoning. Close bag and massage all seasoning over the chicken.
They’ll look something like this.
Place your drumsticks onto a hot grill. Indoor or outdoor grill is just fine.
Grill each side about 4-5 minutes.
You’ll get those nice grill marks
Remove from grill and serve them warm.
Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
- 1 pound Chicken drumsticks,4-5 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken, lime juice, garlic, taco seasoning and olive oil into a large zip top bag. Close bag and massage chicken to combine all ingredients.
- Place chicken drumsticks onto hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes each side, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Makes about 4-5 drumsticks
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso, however thoughts are my own.
Tags: broccoli, cheddar cheese, eggs, english muffin, Frittata, potatoes
I am thrilled to be partnering with Thomas Breads to bring you new recipes this year using their products. Today, I’ve incorporated Thomas English Muffins in my breakfast dish and it could not be more delicious! Packed with roasted potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers and cheese, this recipe will be a huge hit!
Be sure to prepare your roasted potatoes ahead of time, that way you can get right to work on the recipe.
You’ll need 4 Thomas English Muffins.
Cut each muffin into eighths.
Split them open and place into a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
Top with broccoli florets.
Pour your egg mixture over top.
Top with shredded cheese!
Perfect, ready to bake!
Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Bake
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 4 whole Thomas Original English Muffins
- 1 cup Roasted Potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Cut each English Muffin into eighths, split apart and place into cast iron skillet. Top with roasted potatoes (see here for recipe) and broccoli florets. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl and whisk in salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over muffins, potatoes and broccoli. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with your favorite salsa if desired.
Makes 8 Servings
This post is in partnership with Thomas Breads, however thoughts are my own.