Tags: brunch, cinnamon rolls, dessert, nutella, sweet rolls
These Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls make the perfect surprise for your family and friends.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® Yeast today to bring you these gorgeous Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls.
There’s something so special about making homemade rolls. Especially in the winter, when it’s oh-so cold outside and you just want to get cozy. It’s the kind of 1-dish recipe that puts a smile on everyone’s faces when they see them sitting on the counter and that smell – so delicious! They are perfect to bake for any occasion and since baking is one of my favorite ways to show how much I care, I couldn’t wait to make these and share them.
Can you imagine how perfect these would be for Valentine’s Day coming up? I was inspired from Feischmann’s Beginner’s Caramel Rolls and decided to shake up the sweetness by adding chocolate hazelnut.
If you don’t use yeast much when baking, don’t be intimated, it’s actually quite simple and fun. I love Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Instant Yeast because it is so versatile and can be used in both every day and seasonal recipes. I love that you can get your baking done a bit faster with RapidRise™ too. It’s my favorite to have on hand because it requires only one rise.
You’ll start by adding your warm water and butter to some dry ingredients. Make sure your dough hook is attached.
Mix to combine then add your egg. Continue to add additional flour until ball forms.
Transfer dough to a floured countertop.
Roll to about 15 x 10-inch rectangle.
Spread with chocolate hazelnut spread leaving about 1/2 inch around borders.
Roll up, seam side down.
Use unflavored dental floss to make easy cuts in the dough.
Place rolls into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish that’s been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place in a warm oven for 15 minutes. 175 degrees F. works great.
Remove from warm oven, they should be about doubled in size. Increase temperature to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool.
Whisk the powdered sugar and heavy cream to make icing.
Time to drizzle over rolls!
Keep going 🙂
Perfection! I used an offset spatula to spread icing over each roll.
Not even kidding, these rolls blew us away. From start to finish you’re looking at about an hour. Not bad for amazing homemade sweet rolls!
Can’t say enough about Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast. Be sure to keep it stocked in your pantry. You’ll be glad you did.
Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 4 1/2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in stand mixer bowl and mix with bread hook attachment until blended. Place water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture with egg, mixing on low to combine. Mix on medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl. Add 1 cup of flour, mix another minute on medium heat, scraping sides of bowl. Continue to stir in just enough remaining flour so that dough forms a ball that doesn’t stick to sides of bowl, about 3-4 more minutes. Transfer dough to a floured countertop.
- Roll dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle using a rolling pin. Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over dough, stopping 1/2-inches from the edges on the long sides. Beginning at long end of each rectangle, roll up tightly. Pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 equal pieces. TIP: Use unflavored dental floss instead of a knife to cut rolls. To do, cut a piece of floss about 12 inches long. Slide floss under the roll; bring the ends up and cross over to cut each slice. Place, cut sides down, in prepared a 9×13 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Place rolls in a warm (175 degrees F.) oven for 15 minutes. Should be just about doubled in size. Remove from oven, increase heat to 350 degrees F. Bake rolls for 20-22 minutes or until baked through. Remove and let cool.
- Place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a medium bowl whisking to combine. Should be a nice drizzling consistency. Add more cream to thin or more powdered sugar to thicken. Drizzle icing over rolls and serve with warmed or room temperature.
Makes 12 Servings
Recipe inspired from Fleischmann’s Yeast Beginner’s Caramel Rolls
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
This Loaded Potato Soup with Cheesy Garlic Toast makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Idahoan® featuring their Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups today! I’m always a fan of a delicious meal that just takes minutes to prepare. So perfect for busy weeknights with the kids. Love that I can bring the steakhouse to my home any day of the week! Break out the nice plates and silverware and bring the steakhouse to your home!
We have a handful of steakhouses we visit fairly often in our neighborhood and we love ordering potato soup just about every time. It’s so nice to have Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups that bring the steakhouse experience to your home in minutes. Many other dry soup mixes take more than 15 minutes to prepare by stove. With Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, you just add water and it literally takes 5 minutes. The boys and I went nuts for this Loaded Potato Soup.
I particularly enjoy the taste and texture in every spoonful. You’ll find red potatoes and red potato skins inside a flavorful slow-cooked restaurant style soup. Idahoan® Premium Stakehouse® Potato Soups are available in the following delicious varieties: Creamy Potato, Loaded Poato, Cheddar Broccoli and Three Cheese Chipotle. Visit Idahoan.com for more information including nutrition facts and retail availability.
While we are enjoying our soup, we love having my favorite cheesy garlic toast for dipping. See recipe below for details.
If you are hosting an upcoming party, these soups make a simple, easy to make dinner idea with some fun sides for your guests!
Loaded Potato Soup With Cheesy Garlic Toast
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 10 min
- 7.1ounce package Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Loaded Potato Soup
- 1 lb French Bread loaf or other fresh crusty bread, sliced 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare soup according to package directions. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- Place bread slices onto baking sheet. Spread lightly with butter then sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Top with shredded cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bread toasted. Remove and serve with soup.
Makes 4 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Idahoan®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
Tags: black beans, cheese, dinner, enchiladas, quick and easy, rice, weeknight dinner
This Cheesy Beef Enchilada Rice Bake makes the perfect flavor packed weeknight dinner!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new Mexican style family friendly recipes.
Developing quick and simple dinner recipes is one of my favorite things to do because I know how hard it is to get dinner on the table during the busy holidays and kids school schedules. I’ve used simple pantry ingredients to get dinner on the table in no time.
Simple pantry ingredients today. I also used Old El Paso’s Red Enchilada Sauce and Diced Green Chilies.
To start, place your cooked rice into a large bowl and add your black beans. Add the diced tomatoes and chilies.
Add your black beans.
Add your Old El Paso Diced Green Chilies.
Add your salt, cumin and pepper then give a good mix to combine.
Top with ground beef and pour your Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce evenly over beef.
Top with lots of cheese and it’s time to bake!
Remove from oven and serve nice and warm!
The kids go nuts for this flavor packed dinner. It’s simple to prepare with everyone’s favorite Southwest flavors.
Hope you enjoy!
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Rice Bake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20-25 min | Total time: 35 min
- 3 cups dry short grain white rice
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies, mild version
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked ground beef, lightly seasoned
- 10 ounce can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Cook rice according to package directions then place in a large bowl.
- To rice bowl, add black beans, green chilies, diced tomatoes, salt, cumin and pepper. Stir to combine then transfer to 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top evenly with cooked ground beef then pour enchilada sauce evenly over beef. Top with shredded cheese then bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Makes 8-10 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
Tags: candy cane, chocolate, christmas, cookies, marshmallow bits, peppermint
Sharing these gorgeous Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Bars, perfect for your Holiday baking!
These bars are a chocolate lovers dream! Chewy cookie bars with the perfect crunch from candy canes and marshmallow bits. Your guests are going to go crazy for these. They make festive gifts for your family and friends too.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Karo® Syrup to bring you a festive treat that is sure to be the star of the dessert table! I was inspired by Karo’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites recipe, and added my own touch to it!
The texture Karo® Syrup brings to your baking is like no other. It’s always stocked in my pantry for all of my Holiday baking and I think you’ll find it’s a key ingredient to have around whenever you’re baking. The Holidays are THEE perfect time to show friends and family how much you care, so make sure to bake a little extra so everyone can enjoy these yummy treats!
Start by adding your softened butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl.
Add your Karo® Dark Corn Syrup.
Add 2 eggs, vanilla, and stir until well combined.
Add your dry ingredients and give a good stir until dough forms.
Transfer dough to parchment lined baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool.
Once your bars are cool, frost with a thin layer of chocolate frosting and top with crushed candy cane pieces and marshmallow bits.
Wait until you sink your teeth into these chewy chocolate cookie bars. Perfection!
Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Bars
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 2 hours, including cooling time
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups prepared chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup marshmallow bits or mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 7×11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder until dough forms. Transfer to baking dish, spread evenly and bake for 25 minutes or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
- When bars are cooled, spread with frosting and top evenly with marshmallow bits and crushed candy cane pieces. Cut into squares and serve room temperature.
Makes 12 Servings
Adapted from recipe by Karo® Syrup
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Karo® Syrup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
Sharing a Holiday Gift Guide For Her today!
MZ Wallace has been one of my favorite purse and bag brands for years now. I use them all of the time for travel and everyday use.
Getting to shop in their Soho, NY location with my girlfriends a couple years ago was an absolute blast. Not only are the bags beautiful, they have the best pockets, zip pouches and compartments! Let me show you some of my current favorites available on MZ Wallace.
How adorable is the Jordan Backpack? Love that it looks like a purse but also doubles as a backpack. It has a gorgeous orange lining and could not be more beautiful.
TODAY ONLY is 40% off select Army Bedford Styles (this backpack included.) Be sure to check it out HERE.
It is sized perfectly for everyday wear, with two top handles for an additional way to carry. The Jordan Backpack has four exterior pockets and two zippered compartments for easy organization.
Each bag comes with an MZW dog tag charm and is made from our signature Army Bedford Nylon with a contrasting orange lining and silver hardware. This beauty would make the perfect gift idea for someone special.
TODAY ONLY is 40% off select Army Bedford Styles. Be sure to check it out HERE.
Also, post your fave holiday photos with this hashtags #mzw12days #mzwholiday for a chance to win a Black Oxford Metro Pouch and Platinum Luster Jerry Tassel.
More sale favorites include this adorable Summer Cheetah Mini Metro Tote. So cute!
Loving this Paige Dawn Bedford, also on sale!
This cutie Pippa Leaf Print Bedford currently on sale.
Love this gorgeous color. The Belle Maroon Bedford is perfection.
How fun is the Cece Amethyst Bedford Backpack?!!
Happy Shopping! Such great choices with MZ Wallace, hard to go wrong with any of their beautiful bags!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with MZ Wallace, however thoughts are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Tags: almonds, blueberries, breakfast, brunch, french toast, sponsored
This Blueberry Almond French Toast Bake makes the perfect breakfast or brunch for family and friends!
This sweet French toast bake is so simple to prepare and has so many of my favorite ingredients in one dish.
Dust with a little powdered sugar and drizzle with some pure maple syrup. So perfect for serving during Christmas with your loved ones. You can even make it in advance, refrigerate overnight and bake when ready.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you delicious recipes. I always have a great time in the kitchen experimenting with some of my favorite ingredients.
Place your bread cubes into a baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
Top with some fresh blueberries.
Top with your sliced almonds. I love that Fisher nuts are preservative free and non-GMO. The resealable bag helps keep the nuts fresh for longer. Look out for their new packaging on shelves this month!
Add your whipping cream into a bowl of 8 large eggs.
Add your brown sugar and pinch of salt.
Add your cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract. Whisk until well combined.
Pour mixture over bread cubes.
Take a fork and press bread cubes so they’re completely covered with the cream mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until set in middle.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
What a perfect combo. Blueberries and Fisher Natural Sliced Almonds make the perfect French Toast Bake.
Blueberry Almond French Toast Bake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time: 45 min
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Fisher Nuts, sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place cubed bread, blueberries and almonds into baking dish. Place milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, almond extract and salt into a large bowl, whisk to combine. Pour evenly over bread mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Makes 12 Servings
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher nuts. The opinions and text are all mine.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
Tags: christmas cards, sponsored
Sharing Where To Buy The Best Christmas Cards today!
I’ve LOVED working with Minted.com over the last few years for my Christmas Cards. They honestly have the cutest designs and it’s such a simple process. I can’t recommend them enough! Above is one of the Christmas Cards I ordered this year. We didn’t do “official” family photographs this year, so I put together some snapshots in a collage type card. Love how it turned out.
I also ordered this design for this year. Such cute options to choose from!
My Christmas Cards last year were some of my favorites yet. We did our family photos at Disneyland. So fun!
Another favorite from last year. You can choose so many options for the backs of your cards too.
My Christmas Card from 2014. Fun looking back!
UPDATE: Giveaway is closed. Winner has been notified. Thanks.
One Picky Palate winner will receive a $300 Minted.com credit to use on their website. Use it for your Christmas cards or other amazing gifts they offer.
To enter, leave a comment below telling us, when do you usually send out your Christmas Cards? Early December? Late? Let’s hear it!
Giveaway ends Sunday December 4th 6am PST. Winner will be notified by email and have 24 hours to respond.
Tags: chocolate, christmas, cookie exchange, cookies, peppermint
Sharing these festive Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies today!
Thrilled to partner with Pillsbury today to bring you this gorgeous Christmas cookie!
Pillsbury is counting down to Christmas in the most delicious way possible-with freshly baked cookies! Be sure to check out the Cookie Countdown Page to see a new recipe revealed daily, or sign up to have them delivered straight to your inbox. This is one list you’ll want to be on!
You’ll need some simple ingredients to get started. See instruction list for complete details.
Place your cookie dough into a mixing bowl and crumble like so.
Add your cocoa powder.
Heavy whipping cream up next!
Add a touch of flour to the bowl. Give a good mix to combine ingredients.
Wrap cookie dough around each peppermint patty and bake!
Once completely cooled, frost with a light layer of chocolate frosting.
Top with crushed candy canes.
How gorgeous and simple are these?!
Perfect for your Christmas Cookie Exchanges! Enjoy friends.
Be sure to check out my friends and their cookies!
Buns In My Oven (coming soon)
Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (coming soon)
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 1 hour 30 min
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- 24 York minis dark chocolate peppermint patties (from 8 oz package)
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting (from 16-0z container)
- 1/3 cup hard peppermint candies, crushed (about 14 candies)
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Cookie Board!