How To Put Together a Hummus Plate for you today! All of our favorites to share before dinner!
Thrilled to partner with Sabra today to bring you one of our very favorite ways to spend time together before dinner, our “unofficial meal.” This time together before we sit down for dinner is one of our favorite times of the day.
It is a casual, relaxed time we eat with our hands, talk about our day, laugh together and enjoy fresh beautiful food with our favorite varieties of Sabra Hummus. Love this time as we are snacking together when the kids really can just be themselves and have great conversation with the family.
We all help as a family to bring out of favorite fruits, vegetables, crackers, cheese, meats and whatever else sounds great to have with hummus as our unofficial meal. It’s a team effort that I look forward to with the kids.
There really aren’t too many rules with this set up. You can make your set up as formal or casual as you’d like. With three boys running around here, my set up is definitely more casual but just as fun.
Love when it’s time for everyone to dig in. We talk about our favorites at the table which brings more great conversation.
Hope you enjoy our favorite way to enjoy enjoy our unofficial meal, take a look below to see what we include in our spread.
How To Put Together a Hummus Plate
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- 3 containers Sabra Hummus, your favorite varieties
- 4 cups baby carrots
- 2 large bunches grapes
- 1 package individual brie cheese wedges
- 1 box crackers
- 1 package broccoli florets
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 package your favorite meats, such as salami, pepperoni
- Find your favorite serving trays. Arrange hummus onto trays and place carrots, grapes, cheese, crackers, broccoli, sweet peas and meats around hummus. Arrange however you like. Get creative and add more of your favorite ingredients! Serve with your favorite family and friends!
Makes 8-10 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
This BLT Cornbread Salad is delicious you won’t be able to keep you hands off of it!
This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the National Cornbread Festival which will be held April 23-24th in South Pittsburg TN. This is an exciting milestone for cornbread and what better way to celebrate than by sharing some favorite cornbread recipes?!
I’m thrilled to be involved with the Virtual Cornbread Potluck again this year. As some of you might know, I was the National Cornbread Winner way back in 2007 with my Chicken Taco Cornbread Wedges with Ranchero Cilantro Drizzle You can see pics of me with my winning skillet crown, so much fun 🙂
To celebrate this year, I wanted to share this gorgeous BLT Cornbread Salad from the Martha White Website. Wait until try this!! Packed with all of your BLT flavors. This salad could not be more tasty if it tried.
Be sure to visit all of my friends listed below for more fun cornbread recipes for the Virtual Cornbread Potluck!
Stacey – Southern Bite: Blueberry Cornbread
Brandie – The Country Cook: Caprese Cornbread
Stephanie – Plain Chicken: BBQ Chicken Cornbread Muffins
Tina – Mommy’s Kitchen: Southern Cornbread Salad
Melissa – Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen: Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf
Christin – Spicy Southern Kitchen: Sloppy Joe Cornbread Muffins
Christy – Southern Plate: 2 Ingredient Hot Water Cornbread
Angela – About a Mom: Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Brett – This Mama Loves: Chicken Chili with Cornbread Crust
Linda – Southern Pantry: Fresh Tomato Tart with Black Pepper Cornbread Crust
BLT Cornbread Salad
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1 pounds bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray; place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add all remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into prepared hot skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes while making salad.
- COOK bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE cooked bacon, tomatoes, onion and parsley in large bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper; mix to coat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-inch pieces. Add cornbread to salad; toss gently to mix. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.
Makes 6 Servings
Recipe via Martha White
These Caramel Cupcakes with Homemade Yellow Butter Cake are all kinds of delicious. Whip up a batch today!
What a treat partnering with Werther’s Original in honor of National Caramel Day! I’ve developed a cupcake that you are going to absolutely love. You have a homemade yellow butter cake with crushed caramel candies melted throughout when baked and my homemade buttercream on top with melted Werther’s Soft Caramels.
In celebration of National Caramel Day on Tuesday, April 5, Werther’s Original distributed 1 million pieces of rich, creamy caramel for commuters and candy lovers in the New York City area. They got to see Werther’s giant, 6-foot-diameter candy bowl for themselves on National Caramel Day, located near the Times Square subway entrance. How fun is that?! Wish I was there to see that!
Oh my goodness, I’m nuts for these cupcakes with Werther’s Caramels. Great for your upcoming parties! Hope you enjoy!
Your line up of ingredients.
How amazing are Werther’s Original Caramels? It was hard to not eat the caramels before I baked with them!
Candy-maker Gustav Nebel first introduced his delicious, iconic caramel recipe in 1909 in the small European village of Werther, Germany.
Using only the best ingredients — real butter, fresh cream, white and brown sugars, a pinch of salt and a lot of time — he created a treasure worthy of being wrapped in gold and named the candy Werther’s Original in honor of his village. Crafting this smooth, creamy caramel became a family tradition handed down through generations.
To start, cream your butter and sugar until well combined.
You’ll add your eggs and vanilla up next.
Stir in the sour cream.
Add half of your dry ingredients.
Half of your buttermilk.
Unwrap 12 hard caramel candies.
I placed them in a zip top bag and crushed with a rolling pin.
Stir in your crushed caramels.
This batter 🙂
Place batter into lined cupcake tins about 1/2-3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20-22 minutes, until baked through. Let cool completely.
Unwrap 20 soft caramels. Werther’s Original Soft Caramels is the newest addition to Werther’s and our softest caramel yet. Candy lovers can discover their softer side with the rich, smooth taste of Werther’s Original in soft, creamy caramels.
All varieties of Werther’s Original are available in grocery stores and retailers nationwide in several varieties, from hard, chewy, soft and filled caramels, to sugar-free caramels and even caramel popcorn.
Place into a small saucepan with a couple tablespoons of milk to melt.
Prepare the buttercream, scoop or spread onto cupcakes and slowly drizzle partially cooled caramel.
These could not be more beautiful and delicious. Hope you enjoy!
Caramel Cupcakes with Homemade Butter Cake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (no substitutions)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 unwrapped Werther’s Original Caramel Hard Candies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 20 unwrapped Werther’s Original Soft Caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place butter and sugar into stand mixer, beat until well combined. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add half of buttermilk, half of dry ingredients then remaining buttermilk and dry ingredients mixing until well combined. Stir in Werther’s Original crushed caramels.
- While cupcakes are cooling, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until you’ve got a nice consistency. Stir heavy cream until smooth. Frost over cupcakes. Place Werther’s soft caramels and milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and let cool until thick yet still able to drizzle. Slowly drizzle over tops of frosting and serve.
Makes 18 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Werther’s Original. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
These Sriracha Ranch Bacon Cheeseburgers are perfect for quick dinners and parties! Just a bite of heat layered nice and tall with cheeseburger favorites.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Hidden Valley® Ranch today to bring you a new recipe using one of their new flavors, Sriracha Ranch. We are huge Sriracha fans at our house, so I was so excited to create a giant cheeseburger with this new flavor.
You can now enjoy the great taste of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch blended with exciting flavors like Honey BBQ, Buffalo, Cilantro Lime and Sriracha available at Walmart. It’s nice having Walmart so close to home create simple meals.
So much goodness packed inside these burgers, found. Wait until you try this new Ranch! I am going to be using for so many great new recipes! Click HERE for a coupon for Hidden Valley® Ranch, $0.75 off any 12 oz or 16 oz bottle of Hidden Valley® Ranch.
I chose favorite classic cheeseburger toppings for my burgers, purchased everything I needed for my burgers at my local Walmart.
I added a couple tablespoons of Sriracha Ranch to my ground beef along with some salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Form your ground beef into two patties.
Place onto a hot grill pan or cast iron skillet. Cook both sides until browned and cooked through to your liking.
You’ll add a slice of cheese the last couple minutes of grilling to melt.
Toast your rolls then spread with more Sriracha Ranch.
Layer all of your ingredients, close with top roll and enjoy.
Sriracha Ranch Bacon Cheeseburger
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Sriracha Ranch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cheddar cheese slices
- 2 large hamburger buns
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 4 red onion slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crisped
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place ground beef into a medium mixing bowl. Add Sriracha Ranch, salt, pepper, and garlic salt, stir gently to combine ingredients. Form into 2 tight patties and place onto a plate.
- Grill burgers until browned on both sides and cooked through. During the last couple minutes of grilling, add cheese slice to melt. Remove and place onto a clean plate, cover loosely with foil.
- Place buns cut side down onto grill to toast slightly. Remove and spread Sriracha Ranch onto cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom roll with Lettuce, a burger, onion slices, a tomato slice, bacon strips then close with top roll.
- Serve warm.
Makes 2 Servings
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Chicken Enchilada Baked Nacho Bites are the perfect bite size appetizer for your upcoming parties and get togethers.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes. Today, I’ve got a flavor packed bite size appetizer that takes just minutes to prepare. Tortilla chips are topped with a chicken enchilada chicken filling and shredded cheese. Perfect for snacking on at your next party.
Simple enough to have the kids help, such a great appetizer for the whole family. Enjoy!
Just a few simple ingredients to make your own bites. I used Old El Paso Green Enchilada Sauce and Green Chilies.
Add cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt to your shredded cooked chicken.
1/4 cup Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada sauce up next.
Old El paso green chilies, chopped.
Give a good stir.
Place your tortilla chips onto a baking sheet.
Fill with chicken mixture, top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 12 minutes.
Remove and serve warm. Top with your favorite nacho toppings if desired.
Chicken Enchilada Baked Nacho Bites
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup Old El Paso Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso Green diced chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place shredded chicken, enchilada sauce and green chilies into a medium bowl, stir to combine.
- Place tortilla chips onto baking dish. Spoon chicken mixture over chips and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Remove and top with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Place nachos onto serving plate and serve warm.
Makes 20-25 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Tags: chocolate, dessert, parfait, peanut butter, yogurt
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Yogurt Parfaits are the sweetest little treats! Your guests will adore them.
What a pleasure partnering with Yoplait today to celebrate National Pi Day 3.14! I developed this tempting chocolate peanut butter pie inspired parfait to enjoy this fun day.
I loved hearing that there is no High fructose corn syrup in any of their yogurt. They’ve also reduced sugar by 25% in Yoplait Original and Yoplait Light no longer contains aspartame. We are big fans of Yoplait and love having it stocked in our refrigerator.
This “pie” dessert could not be more simple to prepare, so you can have it on the table in no time at all!
I chose Yoplait’s French Vanilla Yogurt as the base of my pie inspired parfaits 🙂 Be sure to check out Yoplait’s product locator.
I used some crunch Cocoa Puff’s as the middle layer of the parfaits.
Whipped cream to top off each parfait. Mmm!
Some chocolate curls to sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
You’ll mix just a touch of peanut butter with the french vanilla yogurt. Delicious!
Layer your parfait glasses with the yogurt mixture, cocoa puffs and another layer of yogurt.
Some crushed crunchy granola bars on top. This is like your pie crust layer. Love this idea of pie in a glass!
A nice dollop of whipped cream and chocolate curls come next.
So simple and too cute! Deconstructed individual pies!
Hope you enjoy and happy Pi Day 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Yogurt Parfaits
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 10 min
- Four 6 ounce Yoplait French Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Cocoa Puff’s Cereal
- Two 1.49 ounce packages Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, crushed
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate curls
- Place yogurt and peanut butter into a medium bowl, mix until well combined. Layer a couple spoons of yogurt mixture into your serving cups, top with a layer of Cocoa Puffs, another layer of yogurt mixture, a layer of crushed granola bars and top with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve chilled.
Makes 2 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Yoplait. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
These Honey Almond Blueberry Bagel Bruschetta are as cute as they are delicious, a hit with all of your friends and family for brunch or even after school snack.
What a treat to partner with Arla Cream Cheese today to bring you a simply fantastic appetizer perfect for brunch or snacking anytime during the day. With just 5 total ingredients in this recipe, you’ll have these cute bites ready to be enjoyed in no time at all.
I have recently become an Arla Cream Cheese fanatic. You’ll know what I’m talking about when you try it for yourself. Arla Cream Cheese comes in 5 great flavors: Original, Light, Herb & Spices, Peppercorn and Blueberry.
I love Arla’s Simply Better promise, simplicity, real ingredients and taste. The Original Cream Cheese is made from only four simple and natural ingredients: cream, milk, cheese culture and salt. Love to know that we are eating only the best ingredients.
The texture of Arla Cream cheese is like no other. It is so silky soft, light and spreads so nicely over bagels, toast or whatever you are enjoying. I also loved learning that Arla is the Fifth largest dairy company in the world; its products are available in more than 100 countries.
I had such a great time hosting a blogger lunch with Arla back in January. We had the most beautiful lunch at The Herb Box in Scottsdale where the Chef prepared recipes including Arla Cream Cheese and sliced cheese. What an absolute treat! Love being a Brand Ambassador with Arla. Did you see the Giant wheel of Gouda I was presented with? How amazing is that?
I chose to top my bagel chips with these lovely toppings over silky smooth Arla Blueberry Cream Cheese.
Lay your bagel chips over some parchment or wax paper, speed each with about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese then top with 2-3 blueberries, crushed sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey. Mmm 🙂
The boys and I went nuts for these. Bite size and perfectly adorable. Loved every bite.
Keep in mind these are best if served within about 45 minutes to 1 hour of preparing to ensure your bagel chip stays crisp. Enjoy!
Honey Almond Blueberry Bagel Bruschetta
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- 15-20 bagel chips
- 1/4 cup Arla Blueberry Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3-4 tablespoons coarsely crushed sliced almonds
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh honey
- Place bagel chips onto wax or parchment paper. Spread each bagel chip lightly with about 1 teaspoon of Arla Blueberry Cream Cheese, 2-3 fresh blueberries, a pinch of crushed sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey. Serve room temperature within one hour of preparing to ensure bagel chip stays crisp.
Makes 15-20 bites
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Arla Cream Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Tags: cookies, peanut butter
These White Chip Blueberry Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies make for a sweet treat that knocks your socks off!
These cookies are ultra soft with a lovely hint of blueberry from the blueberry cream cheese. The cream cheese adds a soft creamy texture that you are going to love. We couldn’t keep our hands off of these.
Have the kids help measure out the ingredients, the whole family will love these!!
You’ll start by creaming the butter and cream cheese.
Add the peanut butter and give a good mix.
Add your eggs.
Time for the dry ingredients.
Lots of white chips!
Beautiful cookie dough!
Time to bake. 350 degrees F. for 12-14 minutes.
Can’t wait for you to try these.
Soft, peanut buttery with bites of white chips. Yesss!!
Hope you enjoy!!
White Chip Blueberry Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 22 min
- 3.5 ounces Blueberry Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups white chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cream cheese, butter and peanut butter into stand mixer, beat until well combined. Add sugars, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and white chips. Beat until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 12-14 minutes until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Makes 2 dozen cookies Servings