Tags: christmas cards, sponsored
Sharing Where To Buy The Best Christmas Cards today!
I’ve LOVED working with Minted.com over the last few years for my Christmas Cards. They honestly have the cutest designs and it’s such a simple process. I can’t recommend them enough! Above is one of the Christmas Cards I ordered this year. We didn’t do “official” family photographs this year, so I put together some snapshots in a collage type card. Love how it turned out.
I also ordered this design for this year. Such cute options to choose from!
My Christmas Cards last year were some of my favorites yet. We did our family photos at Disneyland. So fun!
Another favorite from last year. You can choose so many options for the backs of your cards too.
My Christmas Card from 2014. Fun looking back!
UPDATE: Giveaway is closed. Winner has been notified. Thanks.
One Picky Palate winner will receive a $300 Minted.com credit to use on their website. Use it for your Christmas cards or other amazing gifts they offer.
To enter, leave a comment below telling us, when do you usually send out your Christmas Cards? Early December? Late? Let’s hear it!
Giveaway ends Sunday December 4th 6am PST. Winner will be notified by email and have 24 hours to respond.
Tags: chocolate, christmas, cookie exchange, cookies, peppermint
Sharing these festive Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies today!
Thrilled to partner with Pillsbury today to bring you this gorgeous Christmas cookie!
Pillsbury is counting down to Christmas in the most delicious way possible-with freshly baked cookies! Be sure to check out the Cookie Countdown Page to see a new recipe revealed daily, or sign up to have them delivered straight to your inbox. This is one list you’ll want to be on!
You’ll need some simple ingredients to get started. See instruction list for complete details.
Place your cookie dough into a mixing bowl and crumble like so.
Add your cocoa powder.
Heavy whipping cream up next!
Add a touch of flour to the bowl. Give a good mix to combine ingredients.
Wrap cookie dough around each peppermint patty and bake!
Once completely cooled, frost with a light layer of chocolate frosting.
Top with crushed candy canes.
How gorgeous and simple are these?!
Perfect for your Christmas Cookie Exchanges! Enjoy friends.
Be sure to check out my friends and their cookies!
Buns In My Oven (coming soon)
Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (coming soon)
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 1 hour 30 min
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- 24 York minis dark chocolate peppermint patties (from 8 oz package)
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting (from 16-0z container)
- 1/3 cup hard peppermint candies, crushed (about 14 candies)
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Cookie Board!
Sharing the Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich today! One of our favorite traditions!
Thanksgiving is one of the very best days of the year. Not only do we get to enjoy a feast on actual Thanksgiving Day, we usually get to bring home the BEST leftovers!
There’s nothing like getting together with family and friends on this special day with some of the best food of the year. We look forward to it for months!
We have made it a tradition to enjoy what we call The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich after Thanksgiving.
It’s a pleasure partnering with French’s #HolidaywithFrenchs to bring you our favorite holiday sandwich! Once we’ve layered our favorite Thanksgiving leftovers onto a soft roll, we top it with French’s® Crispy Onions. It gives the perfect crunch and flavor to our gorgeous sandwich! Did you know there are other Crispy Onions flavor options such as Caramelized Fried Onions, White Cheddar Crispy Onions and Crispy Jalapeño’s? So many great options to add to your favorite recipes!
All of my favorite Thanksgiving leftovers in one sandwich. I have died and gone to heaven. You can get creative with your leftovers, add a little green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, some corn even! Have fun, it’s all delicious! Hope you enjoy one of our favorite traditions!
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 10 min
- 4 large rolls, split
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup prepared stuffing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked turkey, sliced or shredded
- 1 cup French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
- 4 tablespoons turkey gravy, if desired
- Place rolls onto a serving place cut sides up. On half of the rolls spread a light layer of cranberry sauce and on the other half spread 1/4 cup of stuffing, spreading evenly over roll. On cranberry sides of rolls, top with a layer of mashed potatoes, turkey then crispy fried onions. Top with a little gravy if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 4 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with French’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Holiday Board!
These Peanut Butter Apple Hand Pies make the perfect sweet treat for your upcoming Holiday parties!
What a pleasure partnering with Karo® Syrup today to bring you a Holiday treat that will wow all of your guests! The texture Karo® Syrup brings to your baking is like no other. It’s always stocked in my pantry for all of my Holiday baking and I think you’ll find it’s a key ingredient to have around whenever you’re baking.
It’s so hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. So much fun cooking and baking going to happen. I have so many fun memories of cooking and baking around this time of year and can’t wait to dive in These little individual hand pies are a fun and simple dessert for your guests to enjoy! I started by using a Karo recipe for Apple Pie Bites, but changed it up a little with peanut butter and a double crust.
This recipe calls for just a few ingredients, and don’t forget the Karo® Syrup! Karo’s sweetness and ooey gooey texture will truly transform your recipe, and delivers just the right amount of sweetness while allowing your ingredients to stand-out.
Let’s start with some diced, peeled apples. About 1/4 inch.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter into a medium skillet.
Add your apples to the melted butter.
Cook for about 5 minutes, until apples are slightly softened. Remove from skillet when done.
Time for the Karo® Syrup!
Melt 1 tablespoon butter then add the Karo® Syrup.
Stir in the cinnamon and let mixture come to a low boil for a couple minutes until thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in cooked apples.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Stir in 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter.
How gorgeous does this look?!
Unroll your pie crust and cut about 3 inch rounds. I used a mason jar lid. A round cookie cutter works great too.
I was able to get 12 rounds out of each pie crust.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling into center of half the pie crust rounds.
Close with remaining pie crust rounds and press edges firmly. Brush lightly with melted butter. Bake until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Bite size and so simple to prepare. The flavors are perfection inside buttery crisp pie crust and they’re likely to go fast, so you’ll want to bake a little extra. It’s a great way to show you care and say “thank you” to someone you love around the holidays. Hope you enjoy baking a little extra with your family!
Peanut Butter Apple Hand Pies
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 box pie crusts, 2 count, brought to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crusts onto parchment paper. Use a round cookie cutter or cut 3 inch rounds in each crust.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until apple is tender. Transfer apples from skillet into a medium bowl using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Stir in corn syrup and cinnamon and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved apples and nuts.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of apple mixture onto the middle of half of the round cut out pieces of crust. Place remaining crust rounds over top of filling and use fork to press edges firmly. Cut a few slits on top to allow for steam. Brush lightly with egg whites and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Remove and serve warm.
Makes 12 Servings
Recipe adapted from Apple Pie Bites via Karo Syrup
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Karo® Syrup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Sharing this perfect for chilly months, Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Mirum Shopper today to bring you this delicious soup recipe, great Target Store products and fun in the kitchen with the kids!
Creating family fun with Fall Flavors is right up my ally. Target is one of our favorite places to stock up on Fall essentials. Getting my kids in the kitchen to help with dinner is always a highlight for me. I love to teach them and get them excited about cooking with great ingredients. Not only is is fun, but there’s a real sense of bonding that happens. Love sharing these experiences with my boys!
For todays recipe, my eleven year old was the lucky one that got to help mom! I started by teaching how to be safe while chopping vegetables and he even got to cut practice cutting a few vegetables. He loved this!
You’ll need cubed butternut squash, chopped leeks and chopped celery to get started.
Time to saute’ those vegetables. I loved watching how careful my son was in helping me out with dinner.
Measuring out some corn for our chowder.
Adding the corn into our soup pot and time to let it boil gently. Once we get a boil, we removed 2 cups of both and vegetables for the blender.
Up next we added Knorr Homestyle Stock, Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr Rice Sides – Chicken Flavor. You can find these products at your local Target Store. These products really helped bring this gorgeous chowder to life!
Note some great offers going on right now at Target:
We added our Knorr Stock and Knorr Chicken Flavor Rice to the pot. Let cook for about 7 minutes, until rice is softened.
We took our reserved broth and vegetables to the blender to puree. What a treat to see my son preparing dinner! He loved all of these different steps. Lots of giggles and fun conversation going on together.
Time to puree!
Adding the puree’d vegetables and broth to our soup pot. Up next, we added some of our favorite seasonings and sour cream to make our soup even creamier. What a hit with the whole family!
Be sure to get your kids in the kitchen and tell us about it via social media using the hashtag #FallFamilyCooking
Serve your soup with some soft rolls and a green salad if you’d like. Makes a lovely dinner!
Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon
- 1/2 cup eek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.2
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through. Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley.
Makes 8 cups
Recipe altered slightly via Knorr.com
Disclosure: Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Dinner Recipe Board!
My Tortellini Taco Soup makes the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner for the whole family!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new Mexican Style family recipes. This is the best time of year to make big pots of soup. We are loving this fun twist on taco soup. The tortellini brings a great layer of flavor and the kids go nuts for it. This soup takes just minutes to prepare, perfect for busy school weeknights. Add this one to your meal plan, you’ll be glad you did!
You’ll use Old El Paso’s Original Taco Seasoning Mix along with some simple pantry/refrigerator ingredients.
You’ll start by sautéing some chopped onions in hot oil.
Add some minced garlic, stirring until veggies are softened.
Add the ground beef and seasonings, cooking until browned.
Slowly add your broth.
Add your taco seasoning.
Add your ground cumin.
Stir in fresh, frozen or canned corn.
Add your tomatoes.
Slowly add your tortellini.
Stir and let cook for about 8-10 minutes, until al dente. Remove from heat when tortellini is done.
What a beautiful pot of soup to serve your family and friends this season!
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheeses if you’d like. Enjoy!
Tortellini Taco Soup
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- two 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies, mild
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pound cheese filled tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic, cooking until softened.
- Stir in beef, sold and pepper cooking until browned. Add broth, taco seasoning, tomatoes and corn. Increase heat to medium high and stir in uncooked tortellini. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Immediately remove soup from heat when pasta is cooked. Stir in fresh cilantro and serve.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Dinner Recipe Board!
Sharing my Kitchen Sink Skillet with you today and my trip to Chicago with Albertsons Company! Such a fun day.
Had a fun trip to Chicago with Albertsons Company to learn about their O Organics products. Love that you can buy organic at a lower price with all of their O Organic products. They believe everyone should have the opportunity to go organic, which is why they offer their high-quality O Organics brand at a value compared to leading national organic brands. O Organics features more than 300 USDA Certified items for every occasion throughout the store from fresh fruit and vegetables to wholesome dairy and meats, cereals, snacks and more.
We started our time together at breakfast. How lovely is this room?
We got to browse through many of the O Organic products and enjoy a delicious Overnight Oats bar.
We had a cooking demo from the lovely Annessa Chumbley, registered dietician, who showed us some delicious recipes with the O Organics products. Some healthy pancakes, pasta and mini meatloaves. She’s teamed up with the Albertsons Company family of stores to share her tips and recipes. She was great!
One of the highlights of our day was getting to cook and bake in the Rick Bayless Kitchen. We had dozens and dozens of O Organics products to create whatever we wanted. So many choices, it was hard to decide!
Can you practically taste the dough?! So good!
I put together a similar recipe for you today that I am calling Kitchen Sink Skillet Cookie. Let me tell you, it’s fabulous and packed with so many of my favorite ingredients. Hope you enjoy!
After we baked and cooked our recipes, we had a gorgeous lunch, went shopping for our own O Organics products to take home and ended with a fantastic yoga session. What a fun day it was. Loved it.
Kitchen Sink Skillet Cookie
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min
- 1 stick O Organics unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup O Organics cane sugar
- 1 large O Organics large brown egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups O Organics all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup O Organics milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup O Organics white chips
- 1/2 cup O Organics mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup O Organics chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup O Organics shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 6 inch oven proof skillet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Stir in chips, marshmallows pecans and coconut stirring until just combined. Press into skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and baked through. Remove and serve warm, top with ice cream if desired.
Makes 6 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Albertsons Company and O Organics. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Dessert Board!
Tags: chocolate, dessert, graham crackers, Marshmallows, pizza
Sharing my Peanut Butter S’mores Dessert Pizza today for the perfect sweet pizza night!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® Yeast today to bring you this show stopping dessert pizza! There’s nothing like baking during fall months with the family. I love seeing the smiles on my boys faces when I bring out sweet desserts to share…and what is better than pizza? As a matter of fact, Fleischmann’s® Yeast is having a pizza promotion- Make sure to share your photo in one of their pizza posts in their newsfeed on Facebook to enter! More details are located HERE. A fun dessert all around that is simple to put together and worth baking a little extra so you can share the love and tasty results! Today’s recipe is based on Fleischmann’s® 30 Minute Pizza Crust recipe.
Simple ingredients is all you’ll need to make your guests this dessert pizza.
You’ll use Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast for this recipe. If you don’t use yeast much when baking, don’t be intimated, it’s actually quite simple and fun. I love Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust because it is so versatile and can be used in both every day and seasonal recipes. It is perfect to bake for any occasion and is one of my favorite ways to show how much you care for someone!
To prepare the pizza dough add your flour to a large bowl.
Add your sugar and salt.
Add your Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast.
Give a gentle mix once the dry ingredients are in the bowl.
Stir in your warm water, 120 degrees F.
Stir in your canola or corn oil. Continue adding flour until dough forms, kneading for about 4 minutes.
Roll dough into a ball and place onto pizza pan lined with parchment paper.
Press dough into 12 inch round.
Spread with creamy peanut butter. Warm peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds and it will be easy to spread.
Spread peanut butter over dough, leaving 1 inch around pizza dough.
Top evenly with milk chocolate chunks.
Bake in the oven for 8 minutes and remove.
Top with mini marshmallows.
Bake for another 5 minutes.
Top with graham cracker pieces.
Drizzle with melted chocolate!
Be sure to enjoy this gorgeous pizza while it’s warm. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter S’mores Dessert Pizza
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 3/4-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces milk chocolate bar, broken into squares
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 whole graham crackers, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and line a pizza pan with parchment paper
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread peanut butter over crust then top evenly with chocolate. Bake for 8 minutes then top with marshmallows. Bake for another 4-5 minutes until marshmallows are puffed and golden. Remove and let cool. Top with broken pieces of graham cracker and drizzle with melted chocolate. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite dessert board!