Tags: black beans, cheese, chicken, mexican, party food, salsa verde
My Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken are cheesy, simple to prepare and are great for parties!
I am thrilled to share my quick fix Skillet Nachos with you today! I’ve teamed up with Cholula to bring you this dish and can’t wait for you to try it!
With just a few ingredients, you’ll have restaurant style nachos on your table in no time. Enjoy!
You’ll add a few shakes of Cholula’s Green Pepper hot sauce right to your salsa verde that gets mixed into the shredded chicken. Adds the perfect spice.
Place your tortilla chips right into a cast iron skillet. Top with your shredded chicken and spicy salsa verde sauce.
Top with some black beans.
Lots and lots of cheese up next!
There we go Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and fabulous.
Ahhhh, melted nacho goodness. Enjoy! Be sure to visit Kevinandamanda.com for another great Cholula recipe!
Skillet Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 6 cups tortilla chips, or enough to fill your skillet
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2-3 tablespoons Green Pepper Cholula
- 1 cup black beans from can, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla chips into a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place chicken, salsa verde and Cholula into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until hot. Spoon evenly over tortilla chips then layer with black beans and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and hot. Serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
You might remember a couple months ago when I wrote about making time for family meal time. I have been trying to make it a goal to sit down together more often during the busy week with my family.
I’d say overall we’ve been doing pretty good. Not perfect by any means, but doing it more often.
One of the things Dr. William Doherty who has studied the importance of family mealtime recommended was to have the kids help clean up after the meal.
Before partnering with Barilla and Share The Table, I have to say that I wasn’t much of a stickler when it came to having the kids help clean up dinner. I think I was so used to my mom doing all of the work when I was a kid that I started doing the same thing to my kids! They left the table to sit on the couch while my husband and I cleaned up. It hit me when Dr. Doherty said there were benefits in having the kids help clean up dinner. First of all it teaches them to be responsible and second of all they get a sense of “togetherness” helping be apart of clean up.
I remember the first time I said “Ok boys, help put all of these dishes away and clear the table.” There were moans and grumbles under their breath but they did it! That day started a trend of the boys helping put their dishes away and clear the table for every meal.
I’m not sure I’ll see the “benefits” of this one right away, but I will say that I sure love it!
I’ve really enjoyed seeing the reaction of my boys faces when I put a little more time and effort in setting the table for dinner. Let me be clear, most nights it’s nothing fancy, however some nights I’ll get out my nicer dishes and make the table look extra special. Their faces light up and they say “Wow Mom this looks great!” I have to hope they’ll remember little things like this.
We were on a good roll for a while then school let out for summer! Talk about putting a wrench in the works. Summer camps start, swimming all day in the afternoon and little desire to be in the kitchen happens quick. I figured if dinner is trickier to get us all together then why not try for breakfast. Before swim practice, we try to sit down, chit chat and enjoy our meal as the sun peaks through the windows before the busy day ahead.
Looks like for the rest of summer break we’ll be sitting down more often for breakfast, but once school starts back up in August it’ll be back to our fun family dinner meal time traditions.
I’d love to hear what works for you in the summer for your family to spend meal time together! I need some more ideas for my crew
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barilla, however, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments towards Barilla or their products.
My Chicken Roasted Vegetable Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food!
It’s such a pleasure partnering with Foster Farms to bring you a new recipe and talk about the importance of family dinner time. This has been so important to me and I am thrilled to share my thoughts with you!
Before I do, can we talk mac and cheese for a second? I absolutely LOVE creating new mac and cheese recipes. This one I have developed for you today uses Foster Farms cooked chicken breast along with roasted broccoli, asparagus, onions and bacon crumbles. Does not get better than this. So perfect for Sunday dinner when you’ve got lots of hungry mouths to feed
Cheesy goodness! You’ll need just a little prep work to get this dish to the table, but it’s worth every minute
I am LOVING Foster Farm’s campaign, Take 75 minutes for dinner to make memories with your family. I am definitely not perfect at getting my family to sit down for dinner every night of the week, but I am making it more of a priority. Do I use my fancy dishes every night? No, but occasionally I’ll set the table nicely and it’s funny that even my little boys notice and feel special when I put a little more time into dinner.
Dinner time is my favorite time of the day to talk with the boys. I feel like they enjoy telling my husband and I all about their day they’ve had. We hear about little details we wouldn’t have heard from just passing through the house. We laugh a lot, watch food fly from my 2 year old in the high chair and enjoy the connections we have as a little family. I’ve definitely learned that it’s ok if dinner is not perfect and the kitchen table isn’t set like a restaurant, it’s all about the connections and time spent together. That’s my goal this year
Hope you enjoy!
Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 pound dry small pasta, I used elbow
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups milk, I used skim
- 2 cups finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded Foster Farms Chicken Breast
- 2 cups roasted broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound roasted asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large roasted onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside for a few minutes.
- To prepare roux, melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until color of roux will gets slightly darker. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cheese until melted.
- Transfer cooked pasta to large dutch oven or pot over low heat. Pour cheese sauce over top, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken, broccoli, asparagus, onion and bacon, stirring to combine.
- Transfer mac and cheese to prepared baking dish. Top with additional shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Makes 6-8 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Foster Farms however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Treat yourself to my buttery crisp Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla this week. You’ll be glad you did
Is there anything better than a hot off the skillet, flavor packed, cheesy and buttery crisp quesadilla? I have fond memories as a kid enjoying my mom’s quesadillas and this recipe is one of my favorite ones yet! It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Land O’ Lakes to bring you a new buttery recipe. This one does not disappoint and takes just minutes to prepare with some amazing ingredients.
Break out your favorite large skillet and let the deliciousness begin.
I used these oh so cute Land O Lakes Butter Half Sticks with Olive Oil & Sea Salt for my quesadillas. I’m in love with these!
Use your favorite tortillas and let’s get started.
You’ll add about 1 tablespoon of butter for each quesadilla. Let it sizzle in a large hot skillet.
Place your tortilla into the skillet then add the cheese please!
A little layer of roasted red peppers and kalamata olives. Mmm!
A layer of bacon up next.
A touch of fresh parsley.
Add another layer of cheese, fold and continue cooking until golden brown and crispy.
Slice your quesadilla in half and enjoy!
Wait until you sink your teeth into this buttery crisp flavorful quesadilla! Such a treat!
Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 20 min Ingredients
- 1 Half Stick (1/4 Cup) Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into large skillet over medium heat. You’ll add 1 tablespoon butter for each quesadilla.
- Add tortilla to hot skillet and on half of the tortilla, add a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, bacon, parsley, feta cheese and additional mozzarella cheese. With a spatuala, fold tortilla over filling and cook both sides until golden and crisp. Remove and continue cooking the remaining quesadillas.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and serve warm.
Makes 4 Servings
Picky Palate has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
My Candied Raspberry Baked Bacon could not be more simple to prepare and irresistibly delicious!
If I could jump up and down with excitement telling you about this recipe I would! These drool worthy strips of sweet and salty bacon are heaven sent. I’ve partnered with Smucker’s to bring you simple recipes that use their amazing jams and preserves.
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is!
I love pairing cheeses, crackers and nuts with a little bowl of my favorite Smucker’s preserves for dipping. I also love serving pita wedges with peanut butter and Smucker’s preserves for a midday and or after school snack.
Take 1 pound of cooked bacon strips (I used the microwave ready bacon strips) and brush each lightly with your preserves then sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Place in the oven and let the magic happen!
Crispy fabulous candied sweet and savory bacon strips!
Candied Raspberry Baked Bacon
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
- 1 pound cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup Orchard’s Finest Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a baking rack. Arrange bacon strips onto baking rack and brush evenly with preserves. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes. Serve room temperature.
Makes 13-15 strips
Here’s another fun and simple recipe that is great for an after school snack and uses Smucker’s irresistible Blueberry Preserves! Hope you enjoy!
Peanut Butter Blueberry Pastry Squares
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s Blueberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Unroll puff pastry sheet and gently press onto baking sheet. Spread with peanut butter then Smucker’s Blueberry Preserves. Top with chopped peanuts. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 12 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Smucker’s however thoughts and opinions are my own.
My Zesty Spanish Rice Chicken Soup Recipe is simple to prepare for those busy weeknights and is full of great Mexican flavor!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I am celebrating with this delicious and so simple to prepare Mexican style soup. It’s packed with my homemade spanish rice, vegetables and chunks of chicken in a flavorful zesty broth.
Cholula is my go to hot sauce for everything. It flavored my broth perfectly without being too spicy. We love it in my house!
Be sure to check out Amanda’s Firecracker Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa HERE for another fun Cholula Cinco de Mayo recipe.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for your soup. Simple pantry and refrigerator items. To save yourself some time, cook your chicken ahead of time so it’s ready to go
Start by sautéing your onions.
Add your carrots and some fresh garlic. Cook and stir until slightly softened.
Add your cooked rice. and seasonings.
Finish up the spanish rice by adding salt, pepper, tomato sauce and chicken broth to start the soup.
Dice your chicken and add it to the pot.
Season the soup with Cholula hot sauce. I used 4 tablespoons, but use more or less to according to your liking.
Add some fresh cilantro and or parsley and simmer on low until you are ready to serve!
Spoon into your favorite bowl and enjoy!
Zesty Spanish Rice Chicken Soup
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 50 min
- 2 cups uncooked rice of choice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 64 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes, mild
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and garlic for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Add rice, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, lime juice and hot sauce and cilantro, stirring. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
**NOTE: The rice soaks up the broth the longer it simmers, add more as needed.**
Makes 10-12 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Cholula however thoughts and opinion are my own.
Enjoy my Chicken Pecan Mexican Rice Salad this week! So simple and flavorful!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you new recipes! I had so much fun creating this zesty Mexican rice salad loaded with chicken, vegetables and Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans. Chicken and pecans go together so nicely. Adds a great nutty texture to each bite. I’ve also blended a simple cilantro dressing that gets stirred into the salad. This is a perfect salad to bring to a potluck or even by itself as a light dinner. All of my favorite flavors!
Hope you enjoy!
You’ll need some lovely chopped pecans for your salad. Love having Fisher Nuts on hand for snacking and using in my recipes!
Place your cooked rice blend into a large bowl. I love Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Blend that you find in the freezer section. Any brown rice blend with do the trick. Add chicken as well.
Pecans and sugar snap peas up next.
Add Feta cheese and roasted red peppers. I transferred to a larger bowl to make it easier to stir.
Stir in your cilantro ranch dressing then gently stir in a chopped ripe avocado. Time to eat! Enjoy
Please note this salad is best eaten the day of. We tried it the next day and the dressing soaked into the rice making it a little dry. Enjoy right away for best results.
Chicken Pecan Mexican Rice Salad
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- 4 cups cooked brown rice blend
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans
- 1 small bag sugar snap peas/span>
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup prepared Ranch dressing, I used a yogurt Ranch dressing
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- Place rice into a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans, sugar snap peas, feta cheese, roasted red pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then set aside.
- To prepare dressing, place ranch dressing and cilantro into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and well combined. Pour over salad, stir then add avocados. Serve immediately. Best eaten same day.
Makes 8-10 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Fisher Nuts however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Treat yourself to my simple and delicious Red Tart Cherry Toasted Macaroon Oatmeal!
I am thrilled to be teaming up with Smucker’s® Pairings today! Simple and delicious way to enjoy Smucker’s fruitfully delicious combinations. Smuckers has the best fruit spreads around. So many flavors to choose from and so many combinations to enjoy!
Today I am sharing my Red Tart Cherry Toasted Macaroon Oatmeal. I’ve paired Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves with some quick oatmeal, almond milk and a touch of brown sugar. We went nuts for this oatmeal that’s great for breakfast or brunch. I love that from start to finish it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
LOVE this Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves. So many fun options to pair with it. I also love pairing it with baked brie and crackers. To die for! Be sure to check out Smucker’s website for dozens of other pairing ideas.
The toasted coconut adds such a great texture to your oatmeal. Pour some shredded coconut into a large skillet over medium high heat. After about 2 minutes, stir and toast all sides until golden and beautiful. So good!
Use a spoon and swirl your Red Tart Cherry Preserves over your warm oatmeal. Talk about a treat! Healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
Red Tart Cherry Toasted Macaroon Oatmeal
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Orchard’s Finest Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add coconut; cook and stir for for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook oats according to package directions. Once cooked, return to a simmer and stir in almond milk, brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Divide oatmeal into 4 serving bowls. Swirl in 1 tablespoon Red Tart Cherry Preserves and top with pinches of toasted Coconut.
Makes 4 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Smucker’s however thoughts and opinions are my own.