My Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Power Bowl is the perfect weekday lunch or dinner for feeling great!
I love having new simple lunch and dinner ideas that are not only beautiful but completely delicious as well. This power packed bowl does not disappoint! I’ve packed it with so many of my favorite healthy ingredients together and drizzle just a touch of teriyaki sauce. This meal will keep you going for hours. Simple and healthy, love it!
I used Kroger’s Tri-Color Quinoa for my bowl. So excited partnering with Kroger this month to bring you “healthier” recipes!
Kroger is encouraging everyone to reach their goals and attain these ‘little victories’ in 2015 to help keep your healthy-lifestyle-healthy-eating New Year’s resolutions. I’m still focusing on drinking more water, eating more grains, fruits and vegetables. Trying to keep these good habits going strong this year
Be sure to enter The Little Victories Giveaway with Kroger! $2500 worth of prizes! Hope you are still going strong with your Little Victories whatever they may be!
Cook your quinoa according to the package directions. Place in a bowl.
You’ll also need spinach, cherry or grape tomatoes, shelled edamame, chicken breast and water chestnuts.
Layer your ingredients over a nice bowl of baby spinach. I like to top with some chopped fresh cilantro too.
Healthy and so delicious!
Be sure to drizzle a touch of your favorite prepared teriyaki sauce over top. Gently mix and enjoy! Be sure to enter the giveaway HERE. Scroll to the bottom of the recipe.
Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Power Bowl
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Place baby spinach into 4 serving bowls. Layer spinach with chicken breast, tomatoes, cooked quinoa, shelled edemame, water chestnuts and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with prepared teriyaki sauce, gently toss and eat.
Makes 4 Servings
This post is in partnership with Kroger however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tags: candy cane, chocolate, cookies, dessert, pecans
My Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos make the perfect Holiday treat for your family and friends!
I am thrilled to be partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a new Holiday treat. I’ve created for you my Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos. They make the perfect gift for family and friends. All of my favorite flavors wrapped up in one festive cookie.
This is a great recipe to get your kids involved in helping. They love adding the pecans and candy cane pieces to the cookies.
Hope you enjoy!
Last month Fisher Nuts flew the #thinkfisher ambassadors to NYC for an event at Butter with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli. I am such a fan of Chef Alex. Her food is always full of beautiful flame yet sophisticated and simple. She prepared gorgeous recipes for us using Fisher Nuts. We sampled them all night! So much fun.
Here are the #thinkfisher bloggers with Chef Alex. Such a fun night in NYC.
Let’s get started with Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves.
Add some sugar and cinnamon.
Some water to bring everything together.
A pinch of salt.
Let bubble and boil. Transfer to parchment paper to set up.
These Ghirardelli melting wafers are amazing. So easy to get melted chocolate…in a hurry. I’ve been using them for the last couple of months. I find them in the baking isle of my grocery store.
Ready for dipping!
You’ll also need some Oreo Cookies and crushed candy cane pieces for baking. These are great, they don’t melt and they hold their crunch perfectly. Found my bag at World Market.
Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. I left 1/3 not dipped, but you can dip the whole cookie if you prefer.
While the chocolate is still melted press pecans on cookie and sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Let set up for about 15 minutes.
So much fun! They look great wrapped up in a cellophane bag for gift giving. Enjoy!
Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups Fisher Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- a pinch kosher salt
- 12 ounces chocolate melts
- 12-15 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Place Fisher Pecan Halves into a medium non stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, cinnamon and water until combined. Stir and let pecans bubble cook for about 5 minutes. Mixture will become thick. Pour pecans onto parchment paper to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, press a candied pecan on top and sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Place onto parchment paper to set up. Once chocolate hardens, serve room temperature.
Makes 12-15 Servings
This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tags: butter, cookies, flour, sugar, white chocolate chips
My Salted Caramel Crunch White Chip Cookies make a perfect cookie for every sweet tooth!
What a pleasure partnering with Stacy’s Pita Chips to highlight their new Limited Time flavor, Salted Caramel. My family has been munching on these the last couple weeks and can’t get enough! It’s the perfect amount of sweet and salty that makes for the best snack any time of the day. Stacy’s spends 14 hours on each batch of pita chips to be sure they are perfect. That’s some love!
I had my boys help me prepare this new cookie idea and they declared it their new favorite cookie. I am positive this will be a family favorite in your home too. Just in time for your Holiday baking!
The secret ingredient and crunch in each bite of cookie are these Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chips. I crushed them up and added them right to the dough. Wait until you try them. My boys are loving these fun pita chips.
You’ll start by creaming the softened butter and sugar.
Add the brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
Dry ingredients up next.
To crush the pita chips, place into a zip top baggie and roll over with a rolling pin until coarsely crushed. Add to dough.
Last but not least, some white chips!
Cookie dough perfection!
Scoop your dough onto a large baking sheet and you’re ready to bake!
Buttery crisp, soft centers and little bites of salted caramel crunch throughout. This is a dream cookie! Can’t wait for you to try them!
Salted Caramel Crunch White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 32 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely crushed Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer until well combined. Add vanilla and egg mixing to combine. Slowly add flour, crushed Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chips, baking soda, salt and white chips. When dough forms, scoop onto prepared baking sheet with a medium scoop about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve room temperature.
Makes 24 Servings
This post is in partnership with Stacy’s Pita Chips however thoughts and opinions are my own.
My Gooey Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding might be the most sinfully delicious dessert I’ve ever had! Perfect for holiday entertaining.
I am practically bouncing out of my computer chair because I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s always a pleasure partnering with Land O Lakes to bring you new drool worthy recipes!
Not even kidding this dessert has got all of my favorite components….chocolate, bread and icing. Haha. It turns into this crazy ultra gooey chocolate bread pudding that will have you savoring each and every bite.
Can’t wait for you to try it Enjoy!
Oh, be sure to mark your calendars for December 4th! You can tweet with Ree, The Pioneer Woman, Becky from the Land O’Lakes Test Kitchen, myself and my butter blogging friends! Join us for a Live Twitter Party Thursday, December 4 from 8-9 pm EST. We’ll be talking about our favorite holiday recipes, tips for making it through the busy holiday season, and COOKIES!
To join in on the fun, use the hashtag #CookieChatter. Participants also have a chance to win a holiday baking prize pack from Land O’Lakes, which includes a signed copy of Ree ’s cookbook, “A Year of Holidays” and a year’s supply of Land O Lakes® Butter.
Land O Lakes salted butter sticks to get started!
Pour your melted butter and cream into a very large mixing bowl.
Time for the eggs and sugar.
Cocoa powder up next.
Place your sweet Hawaaian bread cubes into your baking dish.
Pour that gorgeous chocolate mixture over your bread cubes.
The bread soaks up all of that goodness
A little sweet drizzle over the warm pudding.
Some chocolate chunks for good measure.
Can’t stop drooling. Warm and oh so chocolatey.
Gooey Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min
- 1 stick Land O Lakes butter, salted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 cups cubed sweet Hawaiian bread
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the melted butter, cream, eggs, sugar, cocoa and peppermint until well combined. Place bread cubes into prepared baking dish then pour chocolate mixture over top. With spoon, press bread to soak up the liquid. Bake for 40 minutes, until set in the middle. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is cooling prepare the icing by whisking the powdered sugar and cream until creamy and drizzle consistency. Add more cream if needed to thin out. Drizzle over warm bread pudding and top with chocolate chunks if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 Servings
This post is in partnership with Land O Lakes however thoughts and opinions are my own.
What is it about queso cheese that just makes everything better? I can’t say enough about these fun nacho cheesy chicken tacos. Not only does the whole family love them for a great weeknight dinner, but they make the perfect food for game day fun with friends. It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes.
These could not be more simple to prepare. I used precooked grilled chicken strips and a delicious homemade queso to drizzle over top along with lettuce and tomatoes. All of this inside a fun nacho cheese flavored taco shell by Old El Paso.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for your tacos.
To start the queso, melt the butter then whisk in the flour, cream and then cheese. See directions below for details.
Stir in your green chiles and salsa to your queso then simmer on low.
Place your shells on a serving plate.
Place your thinly sliced chicken strips inside each shell.
Time for the queso. Drizzle a couple tablespoons over the chicken.
Top with lettuce and tomatoes.
Be prepared to watch these tacos fly off of the plate
Hope you enjoy!
Chicken Nacho Tacos
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa of your choice (I use the Roasted Chipotle Salsa from Trader Joe’s)
- 5.4 ounce box Old El Paso Nacho Cheese Stand n’ Stuff Shells, 10 count
- 20 grilled chicken slices, sliced thinly
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles and salsa, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Place taco shells onto a serving plate and fill each shell with 2 slices of grilled chicken. Top with 2 tablespoons of queso then lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Makes 10 Servings
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso however thoughts and opinions are my own.
It has been so much fun making more time for family mealtime this year. The kids role in family mealtime is so important and it has been a pleasure partnering with Barilla this year on their Share The Table initiative.
Those that know us know that we like to have fun together. Having three boys makes for non-stop activity in our home.
I have witnessed a big change in our boys’ attitude towards sitting together at dinner. We all look forward to gathering around the table to talk. It’s been so much fun to see how much more my boys will open up to my husband and me. They know that we are interested in even the little things that happen each day.
One of our goals this year was to have the boys help more in preparing dinner. I will say that they don’t help for every meal, but I have tried to make it a point to get them more involved with dinner so they feel a part of the whole process. They also seem to be more motivated to eat the dinner they helped with. That’s always a plus
Another goal we had was to have the boys help with the cleanup after dinner. No more dashing away from the table when they are done. They know now that they bring their plate into the kitchen and help clear the table. I am so glad we started this. They are learning more responsibility and a respect of the work that goes into mealtime.
There’s no doubt that we will continue focusing on family mealtime every week. We may not be 100% but we are doing better than we’ve ever done. I love connecting and laughing with our silly family of boys over dinner. A huge thanks to Barilla for promoting the importance of family mealtime and Sharing The Table.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barilla, however, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments towards Barilla or their products.
Tags: apples, chocolate, Marshmallows, peanut butter, pizza, s'mores
This Apple Peanut Butter S’mores Pizza is great for an after school snack or for a fun dessert! The kids love helping in the kitchen with this one too!
I am thrilled to be partnering with Pillsbury today to bring you a new pizza night idea! I wanted to use family friendly ingredients that you are likely to have on hand. My boys love these flavors and this pizza is so simple to prepare that they get to help with every step.
Makes for a really fun family night!
I love using Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust. You literally unroll and it’s ready to be layered with toppings. It comes out of the can in a rectangle shape, but it was very easy to press into a round if you’d like to do what I did with mine.
Drizzle some warmed peanut butter over your pressed pizza dough. It’s easier to spread the peanut butter when it’s warmed just a touch.
Sprinkle a thin layer of graham crackers over the peanut butter layer.
I used 3 large apples and sliced them nice and thin for the next layer.
Everything is better with a layer of chocolate chips
Top with some mini marshmallows and it’s time to bake!
The marshmallows get slightly golden and fabulous. Drizzle warm peanut butter over the top and serve warm.
Apple Peanut Butter S’mores Pizza
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 roll Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed so has a thin consistency
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 3 large apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed so has a thin consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a pizza pan with parchment paper if desired.
- Unroll pizza dough from package and form into a round. Spread evenly with warmed peanut butter, leaving a 1 inch border around edges. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs then layer with apple slices. Top with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until baked through and marshmallows turn slightly golden. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle warm peanut butter over top of pizza and serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Be sure to visit my friends for more great pizza ideas!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza– The Girl Who Ate Everything
Roasted Garlic White Pizza– I Heart Nap Time
Create Your Own Slice Family Pizza Night– The Baker Mama
BBQ Beef Pizza– Taste and Tell
This post is in partnership with Pillsbury however thoughts and opinions are my own.
This healthy Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake is great any time of the day!
Is there anything better than a guilt-free delicious shake? I think not I’ve got a great recipe and new cookbook to share with you today that I think you are going to love!
I am thrilled to share a new cookbook called The Chia Cookbook by Janie Hoffman. She is the founder and CEO of Mamma Chia, an organic line of chia-based foods and beverages. She has been featured in the New York Times, O magazine, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Details, Vogue, Real Simple, Prevention, Glamour, and the Today show.
As you read through the recipes in this book, you’ll see that it’s possible to incorporate chia into everything, and I mean everything—breakfast foods, soups, salads, cocktails, main dishes, desserts.
My husband and I have been enjoying chia for the last couple years so I was anxious to try out Janie’s new book! When we lived in Newport Beach, we had a Whole Foods Market right by our house and we would pick up Mama Chia drinks every time we would grocery shop. They are my favorite! I was immediately drawn to this Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake in the Chia Cookbook. All of my favorite flavors! It could not be more simple to prepare which is always a plus.
Chia is a powerful little seed with incredible health benefits. In this mouthwatering recipe collection, you’ll learn the secrets of incorporating this ancient superfood into modern meals from breakfast to dinner and happy hour to dessert.
Hope you enjoy this fun and healthy shake!
Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 5 min
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk or fat free milk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Chill two tall glasses. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the coconut milk beverage and chia seeds and let stand 20 minutes.
- Place the coconut-chia gel, cocoa powder, frozen yogurt, honey and peppermint extract in a bleder. Cover and puree until smooth.
- Pour into the chilled glasses and serve.
Makes 2 Servings