These Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day! Packed with lots of goodness.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a heart healthy new recipe today! Pancakes are one of my favorite recipes to develop so it I had so much fun creating this gorgeous stack you don’t have to feel guilty about.
You’ll find whole wheat flour, ground Fisher Walnuts and chunky dark cherries. This combination will have you smiling ear to ear!
I love using Fisher Nuts. I use Fisher nuts specifically because they are preservative free and I love the zip to close bags that keep the nuts fresh. You’ll take the Walnuts you need for the pancakes and place them into a food processor until they’re finely ground. If you like chunkier pieces in your pancakes, leave the pieces a bit larger.
Visit FisherNuts.com website for more recipe inspiration.
The great thing about this recipe is that you just add everything to your mixing bowl. Dry and wet ingredients. You’ll be pleased with the ease of prep work.
Once you’ve mixed the pancake batter then chop up some frozen cherries. I like to use frozen because they don’t color the entire batter red and they’re already pitted.
Top with additional Fisher Walnut Pieces and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Enjoy some heart healthy pancakes!
Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes
Prep time: X min | Cook time: X min | Total time: X hour X min
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, to garnish tops
- Place medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Place flour, Fisher Walnuts, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk and egg into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then gently stir in chopped frozen cherries.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet, swirling to make round. Cook until browned then flip to brown other side. Remove and stack onto plate. Continue finishing pancakes until batter is gone. Place onto serving plates and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are packed full of the best combination there is. Prepare your tastebuds for a treat!
Thrilled to partner with Karo® Corn Syrup to bring you these decadent cookies perfect for surprising your loved ones for Valentine’s Day. Seriously a chocolate lover’s dream. With just a hint of peanut butter and chocolate chunks throughout, these are going to become a new favorite in your home!
You’ll use Karo® Dark Corn Syrup for these cookies. So fun using Karo® Syrup all year round. You may be familiar with Karo as a key ingredient in Pecan Pie, but there’s plenty of fun ways to use Karo® Syrup all year round. It gives a dreamy chewy texture to cookies, and gives the perfect sweetness that allows the chocolate and peanut butter to really stand out. Try adding some of your favorite chocolate chips, candies and nuts to personalize your own batch. Have fun with it. Baking is my favorite way to show how much you care for someone, so bake a little extra for your loved ones.
You’ll start by creaming your butter, brown sugar and Karo® Dark Corn Syrup.
Add your creamy peanut butter.
Mix until well combined.
Mix in your eggs.
Add your dry ingredients next.
Add in your cocoa powder.
How amazing does this look?
After the cookies have baked and cooled, drizzle with white chocolate melts. Hope you enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 22 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup melted white chocolate melts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla in large mixer bowl until well blended. Gradually beat in flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Stir in chocolates.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Lightly press down with the heel of your hand. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are set but still soft. Cool on pans for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely. Drizzle white chocolate candy melts over tops of cookies.
Makes 2 dozen Servings
Recipe inspired by Double Chocolate Cookies, Karo® Syrup
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Karo® Corn Syrup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Sharing my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide For Her 2016 with you today! Lots of my current favorite things that will make great gifts!
I am obsessed with this Pixel Heart Valentine’s Metro Tote from MZ Wallace. It’s limited edition, so it won’t last for long.
So so cute with the heart and arrow charm too!
My latest perfume love is the new scent by Miu Miu. It is light and so lovely on. It’s not overbearing so it makes a great gift for about any perfume loving lady 🙂 Check it out!
Check out all of the beautiful Stockholm pieces!! I just got the blue and white dishes, they are amazing and so pretty!
How brilliant is this Mason Jar pour spout? It attaches to any regular mouth mason jar. Can’t even wait to get my hands on this. So perfect for salad dressing!
How cute are these heart dishes from Williams Sonoma?! I would surely use these all year round. Too fun!!!
Anthropologie never disappoints. You can always find some unique fun gifts there. Love all of these in the photo above. Starting at the top: Happiness Planner, Lipstick Holder, Dalmation Stapler, Pineapple Pencil Holder, Undersea Trinket Dish, Time Capsule Love Letters.
Hope these ideas help this year! Happy shopping! Be sure to follow me on Snapchat: @picky-palate and Instagram for more fun!
Disclosure: I received product from MZ Wallace, Mason Shaker and Macy’s however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tags: appetizer, black olives, cilantro, guacamole, hummus, party food, salsa
This 7 Layer Mexican Style Hummus Dip is flavor packed and ready for your next game day or any day party! All of your guests will love this recipe!
Game day grub is some of my very favorite recipes to develop. I took some of my favorite products and did a fun spin on the 7 Layer dip everyone knows and loves. I used Sabra Hummus as the base and boy is it amazing! You can dip your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips and even crusty bread.
With no cook time, you’ll have this beautifully layered dish ready for your guests in about 15 minutes. Score!! More time for your to enjoy the game and your guests. Enjoy!
7 Layer Mexican Style Hummus Dip
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min
- Two 17 ounce Sabra Hummus
- 15.5 ounce Tostitos Medium Chunky Salsa
- Two 8 ounces Sabra Classic Guacamole
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Spread Sabra Hummus evenly into 7×11 inch baking dish. Top evenly with Tostitos Salsa, Sabra Guacamole, sour cream,
cheese, black olives and fresh cilantro leaves. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
Makes 12-16 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pepsi Co. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Thrilled to share this Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup that is simple to prepare and full of great flavors!
It’s always a pleasure to partner with Campbell’s Soup to bring you new simple recipes and family fun. It’s National Soup Month so I thought it would fun to create a fun twist on our favorite classic Campbell’s Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s always nice going through my pantry and pulling out Campbell’s Soup for quick fix lunches and dinners. Comfort food is a family favorite!
One of our favorite pantry staples is without a doubt Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup. My kids like to add their favorite toppings to make a whole new bowl of soup. My 13 year old loves to add his favorite salsa to his soup. My 10 year old loved to add shredded cheese to his. My 3 year old loves black beans and corn in his soup. I prefer a little cumin and chopped cilantro to mine. When we put all of our favorite ingredients together we have created this amazing flavor packed Mexican style soup.
Sometimes we don’t have everyone’s favorite ingredients stocked in the refrigerator and pantry, so the boys might have to choose their second favorite ingredient, we usually can make it work. Often times the three boys have trouble agreeing on their favorite soup flavor…sometimes they wrestle it out to decide. We also usually have ingredients all over the kitchen, but that’s part of the fun. Keeping it real at the Flake house 🙂
Hope you enjoy our family creation of Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup!
Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
- Two 10 ounce cans Campbell’s Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup roasted corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons prepared mild salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour soup into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in black beans, salsa, cumin and cilantro. Simmer until warm, about 10 minutes. Serve with pinches of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Makes 4 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Campbell’s Soup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Wait until you try these Cheesy Chicken Taco Breadstick Dippers! They couldn’t be more simple to prepare and are flavor packed, not to mention perfect for parties!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new Mexican-style recipes the whole family is sure to love. We enjoy Mexican food almost daily in our home, and love every second of it!
I thought it would be fun to develop a fun party recipe great for serving a house full of guests. I don’t like to be stuck in the kitchen, so I made sure there were minimal ingredients and not a whole lot of time in the kitchen. These are so simple, the kids will love helping put these breadstick dippers together. Watch the smiles across the room when you bring these to the table. Cheesy and chicken taco delicious!
Start by combining Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix with your shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
Press your pizza dough into a rectangle over your parchment paper.
Top half of pizza dough with shredded cheese.
Top with taco chicken mixture and a little more cheese.
Fold your pizza dough over the chicken/cheese side and press edges to seal.
Take a knife, scissors or pizza cutter and cut 1 inch strips.
Time to sprinkle with a little more taco seasoning 🙂
Perfect! Time to bake.
Bake until slightly golden and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before separating.
Mix up a little sour cream and taco seasoning, separate your breadsticks and you are ready to enjoy!
Amazing that with just a few ingredients, you get these flavor packed breadsticks. So simple too! Enjoy.
Cheesy Chicken Taco Breadstick Dippers
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup finely shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, divided
- 12 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken and 1 teaspoon Old El Paso Taco Seasoning into a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine. Press your pizza dough into a rectangle filling most of the space on your baking sheet. Top half of dough with cheese then evenly place shredded chicken mixture over cheese. Top with additional cheese and fold dough over filled dough, pressing edges firmly to seal. Doesn’t have to be perfect, just mostly sealed. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning and use a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch “breadstick” strips. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before separating into breadsticks. Place sour cream and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning into a small bowl, stir to combine and use for dipping.
Makes 8 Servings
This Banana Coconut Caramel Walnut Oatmeal is the perfect bowl to start your day!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Quaker Oats today to bring you a new way to enjoy your bowl of oatmeal. Some of my favorite ingredients in one bowl!
Be sure to check out Quaker Oats Bring Your Best Bowl Contest! They’re on the hunt for America’s most delicious bowl of Quaker oatmeal. From now until March 12, everyone nationwide is invited to create their best bowl of oatmeal with 2-5 ingredients for the chance to win $250,000 and see it inspire our newest oatmeal flavor, plus get weekly chances to win $250!
Create a new recipe—either sweet or savory—that includes topping a classic bowl of Quaker oatmeal with 2 – 5 everyday ingredients. All recipes must align with the Bring Your Best Bowl submission guidelines.
Oatmeal is one of our family favorite breakfast options. You can get so creative with your toppings, so there’s always something new to try.
I’ve put together some of my very favorite ingredients on my oatmeal including bananas, coconut, walnuts and a little drizzle of caramel sauce. Simple and out of this world amazing! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Banana Coconut Caramel Walnut Oatmeal
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 3 min | Total time: 10 min
- 1 cup cooked Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup sliced banana
- 2 tablespoons prepared caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place cooked Quaker 3 Minute Steel Cut Oats into a medium bowl. Top with sliced bananas, walnuts and coconut. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.
Makes 1-2 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Quaker Oats. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Thrilled to share this MZ Wallace Sale Plus Giveaway with you today! MZ Wallace has quickly become one of my very favorite brands. I even got to go to their shop in Soho, New York last month. So amazing!! Not only super cute but so comfortable to wear with plenty of pockets and room for your things. Take note…sale ends January 17th! Happy Shopping!
Here’s a closer look at the bag. I am in love!! So cute right?
Also on sale until January 17th is this colorful Allegra in Papaya Bedford. LOVE this one!
How pretty is this Chelsea Tote in Pink Lava Bedford?!
How cute is this Blue Orchid Sutton? Also on sale this week!
Here’s the Small Markham in Ash Bedford. Love this color and shape of bag.
CONTEST HAS ENDED. Winner has been notified. Thank you for participating!
Contest ends Friday January 15th 6am PST. Winner will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize. Best of luck!