Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
Tags: black beans, chicken, cilantro, dinner, mexican, rice, sponsored, weeknight dinner
This Chicken Taco Rice Skillet makes the perfect flavor packed weeknight dinner!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple Mexican style meals. These flavorful chicken thighs over taco rice could not be more delicious. Perfect for busy weeknights and even great for Sunday dinner to serve family style.
Start by sautéing your onion and garlic then add your boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Season with salt and pepper.
I also used 1 teaspoon of Old El Paso’s Chicken Taco Seasoning to season the chicken.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken thighs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove partially cooked chicken from pan and transfer to plate for a few minutes.
Place cooked rice into pan and season with remaining taco seasoning.
Stir and add black beans and corn to rice.
Stir then add chicken back to pan. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F. oven for another 20 minutes.
Remove from oven when chicken is cooked through and top with chopped fresh cilantro.
This makes a great dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy!
Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time: 45 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet Old El Paso Chicken Taco Seasoning, divided
- 2 cups dry rice, white or brown
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes then add chicken thighs to skillet. Season with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of the Old El Paso Chicken Taco Seasoning. Place lid on top and cook for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking on the stovetop, cook rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, remove thighs and transfer to a large plate. Add cooked rice to skillet with onion drippings. Add remaining chicken taco seasoning, black beans and corn. Stir to combine then place chicken on top of rice. Cover with lid and place in over. Cook for an additional 20 minutes. Remove and top with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.