This Weeknight Beef Taco Pasta is the perfect dinner for busy days. The whole family is sure to love it!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring simple Mexican-style recipes. This quick fix pasta quickly became a family favorite. My boys went nuts for it. All of your favorite beef taco ingredients into a fun pasta dish. Get creative and add your own favorite ingredients. Corn kernels, black olives, shredded cheese, sour cream are all great options.
This is a great recipe to serve for a large party too, takes no time at all to prepare.
Here’s your simple line up of ingredients.
The star ingredients are Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix.
Once your beef is browned, start adding your taco topping ingredients.
Be sure to not overcook your pasta, I like to set my timer for one minute less than the box says.
I used whole green chiles and gave them a quick chop.
Add your cooked pasta to the beef mixture.
Sprinkle in the taco seasoning.
Give a good stir and garnish with additional green onions and cilantro.
This is also great with a spoon of your favorite salsa stirred in.
Weeknight Beef Taco Pasta
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 pound dry small pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet Old El Paso Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Old El Paso whole green chilies, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 5 quart dutch oven or pot full of water over medium heat. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened. Add ground beef, salt and pepper cooking until crumbled and browned. Add cooked pasta back to dutch oven, stir in beef mixture, taco seasoning, chilies,tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.