This Weeknight Creamy Sausage Pasta is the perfect quick fix dinner for the whole family. A big time favorite of ours.
You know I always love simple weeknight dinners especially during the school year. Mama don’t have time to be spending all afternoon in the kitchen, lol!
But seriously, I’m all about big flavors with minimal prep work. This pasta is just that. Everyone loves it. Win!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
5 ingredients my friends. Nice!!
Fresh basil is key when making pasta. It really gives such a fresh flavor that makes all of the difference.
I used bowtie pasta for our recipe, but feel free to use any small pasta you’ve got.
Once your pasta is cooked, transfer to a medium/large dutch oven.
Add your cooked sausage.
Add your favorite pasta sauce. If you are near a Trader Joe’s, their Four Cheese pasta sauce is our favorite.
Add the cream next and give a good stir. Cook over medium-low heat until hot then serve 🙂
Stir in chopped fresh basil leaves too. Mmmm!
We like to serve this pasta with a nice loaf of homemade garlic bread and a salad. Enjoy!
Weeknight Creamy Sausage Pasta
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min
- 1 lb dry bowtie pasta
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage
- 26 ounces prepared pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Brown and crumble sausage until cooked through. Transfer cooked pasta to a large dutch oven. Stir in sausage, pasta sauce, heavy cream and chopped basil. Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium low heat until hot.
- Serve warm with garlic bread and salad if desired.
Makes 8 Servings
This post contains affiliate links
PIN To Your Favorite Dinner Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.