[post_thumbnail]Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 40-45 min | Total time: 60-65 min, plus refrigeration time
- 6 ounce American Heritage Chocolate Block
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar (or to taste)
- 5 medium egg yolks or 4 large
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 prepared, frozen 9” pie shell
- pinch of salt
- Grate the chocolate into a bowl and set aside.
Combine salt, egg yolks, rice flour and milk in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour all the cream and the chocolate into a sauce pan and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugar and cook until both the sugar and the chocolate are melted.
Take a quarter of a cup of the hot mixture and slowly add to the egg yolk and rice flour mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk, to prevent scrambling.
- Stir the warmed egg yolk mixture into the sauce pan and bring all the ingredients to a boil for about a minute. Set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature. While the mixture is cooling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the frozen pie shell, set it upon a cookie sheet to prevent spillage and bake for 40-45 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
Makes Eight 6 ounce Servings