Sharing my Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls today! The best Superbowl food for your family and friends! Bite size and delicious!
Does it get any better than spinach dip? In little bread bowls? Nope. Superbowl food is some of my favorite foods to prepare. These are cute aren’t they. I thought it would be fun to share some fun party food this week to get ready for game day.
It’s no secret that I am only interested in the commercials and half time performances of Superbowl but I do LOVE to make party food, so let’s celebrate with fun food 🙂
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Prepare Spinach Dip Bread Bowls
Here are your ingredients, nice and simple. Use any refrigerated French bread loaf you’d like.
Can I Use Other Bread Options?
You sure can! Pizza dough, biscuit dough and crescent dough will work for this recipe.
I used the Pillsbury French loaf for this recipe. Simple to use.
Unroll your french bread loaf and cut into 10 equal slices, about 1 inch thick. If you are using a different type of dough, divide it into 10 equal pieces similar in size that will fit in a muffin tin.
What Kind of Muffin Tin Should I Use?
I prefer my non-stick traditional size muffin tin for this recipe. The bread bowls come right out after slightly cooled. Check your local Target or Walmart in the baking pan section. Amazon also has a big selection. If you are not using a non-stick muffin tin, lightly spray with cooking spray.
Flatten each slice of bread dough with the palms of your hands about a 3 inch round.
Press in the bottom and up the sides of your muffin tin.
Spinach Dip Recipe
Chop the baby spinach and cook in hot skillet. It wilts quickly 🙂
Now add your garlic and stir it all up for a good minute or so.
Place your cream cheese, sour cream, spinach and parmesan cheese into a mixing bowl. Mix mix mix.
Add a pinch of smoked paprika then add the garlic salt.
Add the salt and pepper. Give another good mix.
Scoop dip into your bread bowls.
Sprinkle with cheese, bake for 15 minutes and….see photo below 🙂
Wait until you dig into these 🙂 Enjoy!
Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls
- 13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf I used Pillsbury
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup light sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 regular muffin cups with non stick cooking spray. Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick. Press each slice into about a 3 inch round, I did this by pressing in between my hands. Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, smoked paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
Pin Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls