Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle
Tags: blueberries, cake, dessert, raspberries, strawberries, summer, trifle
This Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle is the perfect dessert for summer fun entertaining! Your family and friends will love the colorful layers.
You are in for such a treat with my Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle recipe!
Summer is such a great time to entertain. You’ll generally find us around the pool with friends daily enjoying great meals together.
I put together a beautiful summer trifle that’s super easy to make. Gorgeous berries layered with sweet whipped cream and soft vanilla cake pieces make for a delicious dessert to serve all summer long.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Trifle
One of my favorite vanilla yellow cake recipes is so simple to prepare.
Add your oil and milk to your bowl.
Sour cream, pudding mix and eggs up next. Stir until well combined.
Pour batter evenly between two 8-inch cake pans.
Time to bake!
These will bake for close to 30 minutes.
Perfect, remove from oven and let cool. As a time saving tip, bake your cakes up to 3 days in advance. Cover tightly and store in refrigerator until ready to bake.
Use Fresh, Clean/Washed Fruit
Make sure your strawberries are washed and dry. Remove stems and slice.
Wash and dry your vibrant raspberries.
Same with your blueberries.
Once your cakes are cool, cut into cubes and layer the first layer into the bottom of your trifle bowl.
Whipped cream up next!
Layer some berries over your whipped cream then another layer of cake.
Top with more whipped cream and berries for the top layer. Get creative and decorate the berries however you’d like.
For more Picky Palate dessert recipes click HERE.
Such a beautiful dessert!
Tips For Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle
- Cut fruit ahead of time. Slice it nicely as this is a very visual dessert.
- You can bake your cake 2 days ahead of time to save time day of serving.
- Use a clear, clean trifle dish to serve. Makes dessert look gorgeous.
- Play around with other fruit and even other sweet toppings. With a trifle dessert, any of your favorites work great!
- Chill dessert until ready to serve.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray two 8-inch cake pans generously with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry strawberries, raspberries and blueberries then place into separate bowls. Place whipped cream into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place cake mix, eggs, milk, oil, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix into a large mixing bowl. Stir slowly to combine, then vigorously until batter is well combined. Transfer evenly to prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
- Flip cakes over onto parchment paper and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. Place a layer of cake cubes into a trifle bowl then top with a thick layer of whipped cream. Arrange a layer of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries over cream. Repeat another layer of cake, whipped cream and berries filling to the top of your trifle bowl. Place Trifle into refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.