This Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole makes the perfect flavor-packed meal with cheese, black beans, and rice to name a few ingredients. It’s great for a weeknight dinner and an amazing comfort food recipe that’s super easy to make.
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole
This beef enchilada casserole will have the entire family glad it’s dinner time! This zesty rice casserole is packed with spices, black beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and seasoned ground beef. Literally takes just minutes in the kitchen. Easy dinner ideas are my favorite kind of recipes to make. Developing quick and simple dinner recipes is one of my favorite things to do because I know how hard it is to get dinner on the table during busy weekdays. I’ve used simple pantry ingredients to get dinner on the table in no time.
Why You’ll Love It!
- This quick dinner recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd!
- It’s made with easy to find ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare!
- It’ makes great leftovers too!
Ingredients For Beef Enchilada Casserole
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this beef enchilada casserole at home. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full instructions and details.
- cooked white rice– With this dinner recipe, you can use any variety of rice you’d like. Long grain, short grain, even brown rice or quinoa would work great.
- black beans– I use a can of black beans that has been drained and rinsed with water.
- diced green chilies– Find diced green chilies in a can in the Mexican food section of the grocery store.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is more coarse that your table salt. I prefer it for my cooking and baking needs.
- ground cumin– Ground cumin is a lovely aromatic spice popular in Mexican dishes.
- freshly cracked black pepper– I find that freshly cracked pepper from a pepper mill brings more flavor to my meals.
- ground beef– I prefer a ground beef that is lean. 80/20 is generally what I get when shopping for my ground beef.
- red enchilada sauce– Find prepared enchilada sauce in a can located in the Mexican food section of the grocery store.
- shredded cheese– Cheddar works great for this recipe, or a Mexican blend is good too.
How To Make a Beef Enchilada Bake
Preheat Oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Cook rice according to package directions then place in a large bowl.
Add Enchilada Ingredients To Rice. To rice bowl, add black beans, green chilies, diced tomatoes, salt, cumin and pepper. Stir to combine then transfer to 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Add Ground Beef. Top evenly with cooked ground beef then pour enchilada sauce evenly over beef.
Top With Cheese. Add shredded cheese to top of casserole then bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Remove casserole carefully from oven and serve nice and warm!
How To Serve
Serve this dinner recipe with a side salad or roasted vegetables if desired. This casserole is great on it’s own as well. Chips and salsa are always welcome when serving Mexican food too! If you have fresh cilantro on hand, chopped fresh cilantro adds color and another layer of fresh flavor to the top of the casserole.
Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in a microwave safe bowl, loosely covered in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until hot.
Try More Easy Mexican Food Recipes
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 3 cups dry short grain white rice
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies mild version
- 4 ounce can Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked ground beef lightly seasoned
- 10 ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Cook rice according to package directions then place in a large bowl.
- To rice bowl, add black beans, green chilies, diced tomatoes, salt, cumin and pepper. Stir to combine then transfer to 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top evenly with cooked ground beef then pour enchilada sauce evenly over beef. Top with shredded cheese then bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve warm.