Chili Tortellini is a heavenly combination of yummy pasta and hearty chili. Warm up with this cozy meal that’s packed with beans, beef, noodles and veggies!
Kind of random, but last Sunday I was deciding what to make the boys and husband for dinner and just when I was going to make a pot of chili, I saw a package of tortellini in my pantry. I thought, I do chili mac all the time so why not add tortellini to my chili?! The rest is history and we loved this speedy to make dinner.
Ingredients for Chili Tortellini
Here’s your line up. I found my tortellini at Trader Joe’s, but whatever brand you can find will work.
How to Make This Delicious Dinner
Cook your tortellini according to the package directions. Cook al dente, careful to not overcook.
Finely chop some onions.
Saute your onion and garlic then brown the beef. Once browned, pour in your broth.
Add your cooked tortellini back to the pot.
Add your beans and tomato sauce or diced tomatoes. I would suggest diced tomatoes.
A little cumin.
A little chili powder, then give a good stir.
You’ll get a little pot of deliciousness that looks like this.
Think chili mac but even better. Enjoy!
- Dutch Oven
- 1 lb dry tortellini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 30 oz beans of choice
- 15 oz Rotel diced tomatoes MILD version
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Heat olive oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes then brown beef until browned. Drain if necessary.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, cumin, chili powder and cilantro. Add cooked tortellini and heat for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer until ready to serve.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!