Tips Before Going To Galaxy’s Edge Disneyland
May 23, 2019 | Add A Comment
Hard to believe Galaxy’s Edge is here! After years of anticipation, we are all READY! Talking about tips BEFORE going to Star Wars Land Disneyland today!!
Star Wars Land Opening Date
- Disneyland Park’s Galaxy’s Edge opens May 31st 2019. Walt Disney World’s Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Land opens August 29th 2019.
- Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Guests visiting during this time will need valid theme park admission and a reservation to enter the new land at Disneyland. At this time, reservations are no longer available.
What To Expect When Galaxy’s Edge Is Open To All Guests
Staring June 24, 2019 Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so guests can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which guests can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once they have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland Park, if a guest is not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
In Basic Terms
- If you want to be first in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge star lining up at the Park entrance about 6:30am when Disneyland opens at 8am. They’ll let you in to line up at the entrances of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge before 8am, so if you get in first, you will likely be able to head straight to Galaxy’s Edge without messing with a Boarding Group.
- If you don’t plan on getting to the Parks that early, no worries. When you enter Disneyland Park go to the Disneyland App and follow the prompts from the home page as shown in my photo below. Note, you must be through the entrance before you can get a boarding group.
Information About Virtual Queue From Disney Parks Blog
Reservations Available For Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop-Handbuilt Lightsabers
As of June 24th 2019 guests can get reservations to Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop the same day as their Park visit at 7am. If you are able to get these reservations you Do NOT need a boarding group number. This counts as your pass to get into the Land. It’s been recommended to get online before 7am and they put you in a virtual queue so once 7am hits, you’re already in line to get your reservation for the day. Also, if it fills up early in the day, try again later, more reservations open up. When you get to the Disneyland App click on the search bar and type in Oga’s Cantina Reservations. See my photos below and you just follow the steps. Very easy to do from the App. You’ll do the same for Savi’s Workshop. Type it in the search bar.
How Can I Get Into Oga’s Cantina?
- See my post, Tips When Visiting Oga’s Cantina. Lots of helpful information!
What Should I Eat at Galaxy’s Edge?
- To see my reviews about the food and snacks at Galaxy’s Edge see my posts – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Ronto Roasters Review, and Kat Saka’s Kettle.
How Much Is The Lightsaber Experience?
- The Lightsaber experience is $199.00 and lasts about 20 minutes. Plan on a bit of a wait to get started. Lines are expected to be 30-45 minute wait.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Droid?
- To build a Droid starts at $99.00. There are extras that you can purchase for your droid if you would like. We built what came with the $99 droid and it’s great! Check out my detailed post on our experience at the Droid Depot! It was amazing!!
Download The Official Disneyland Mobile app
- Download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app** allows guests to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
Download The Play Disney Parks app
- Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows guests to deepen their engagement with the land and interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Guests who choose to engage through the app will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
Can I Wear A Costume To Star Wars Land?
- The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted. Proper footwear must be worn.
- Bounding: piecing together traditional clothing items that when worn together, serve as a recognizable tribute to Star Wars characters Batuuan attire: wearing outfits inspired by the villagers of Batuu—muted tones, vests, layers, etc.
- All robes or military-style attire
- Masks, face paint, elaborate headwear, blasters or holsters (lightsabers are allowed) or hard items such as body armor, helmets or kneepads
- Full character suits
What To Expect Riding The Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- I’ve written an entire blog post on What To Expect Riding The Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run. Photos of the ride, the experience ALL of it! Be sure to check it out!
Pin To Your Favorite Disney Board!
Add a Comment »