My Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe is a sure winner for your family and friends!
You are in for such a treat with my Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe! I have been making pizza for a couple weeks now and cannot stop! I used to stock up on store-bought dough from Trader Joe’s like it was going out of style. I still love it, but there’s something about making your own pizza dough in your kitchen that can’t be beat!
My recipe could not be more simple to prepare. No waiting for the dough to rise, it’s literally done in about 15 minutes.
So excited for you to make your own dough for your family, not only does it taste incredible, your house smells like a dream too!
Here’s most of your line up of ingredients. Simple pantry ingredients!
I love the sweetness the honey gives the dough. Mmm! We like to use local raw honey.
Prepare The Pizza Dough
Start with adding warm water to your stand mixer along with the yeast and sugar.
Let the yeast and sugar sit for 10 minutes then add your flour, olive oil, honey and salt.
With the dough hook attached, let mix for 3 minutes, until well combined.
With floured hands, take dough out of the bowl.
Knead The Dough
Transfer dough to a floured counter top.
Knead a few times folding over and pushing.
Form dough into a round ball. You can bake it at this point, cut it into fourths for individual pizzas, or refrigerate in a Ziploc bag.
My boys love making their own pizzas, so I usually cut this dough into fourths and store in the refrigerator or freezer. I put one of these baggies into the fridge and baked it after 1 week and it worked great.
They make great gifts for friends and neighbors too! For more Palate Recipes click HERE.
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour's White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic salt
- Place warm water, yeast and sugar into bowl of stand mixer. Make sure dough hook is attached to mixer. Gently stir water, yeast and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour, honey, olive oil, salt and garlic salt. Once dough starts to form, increase speed to medium. Mix for 3 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- With floured hands, transfer dough to a floured countertop. Knead with hands 3 or 4 times then roll into a ball. At this point you can refrigerate for 3 days, freeze up to 1 month or roll and bake now.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and roll dough into a 12 inch round. Spread with sauce and toppings of choice. Bake for 16-20 minutes until crust is baked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Note: You can cut the dough into fourths and make four individual size pizzas as well. Bake for 12-16 minutes for the smaller pizzas. Dough can be frozen for 4 weeks as well.
Note: You can cut the dough into fourths and make four individual size pizzas as well. Bake for 12-16 minutes for the smaller pizzas. Dough can be frozen for 4 weeks as well.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.