Brace yourself: a Walking Taco is a frito bag filled with flavorful chili and toppings! Tacos in a bag are perfect for any party and let’s face it, just so fun to eat! You have to try them!
What Is a Walking Taco?
A walking taco is simply your favorite taco ingredients in a chip bag such as Fritos or Doritos. It’s such a brilliant way to enjoy tacos, especially when you’re entertaining a room full of guests. Such a fun party food!
You’ll need to pick up small bags of Fritos or Doritos for your party size.
How to Make Tacos in a Bag
Here is your set up. Open up your Frito Bags, get your taco chili and all your toppings in order…
Spoon in your taco chili….
Add the sour cream.
Add your jalapenos, or green onions if you can’t take the heat 🙂
Here you have it, your perfect little bag of “Walking Tacos!”
Tips For Making Walking Tacos!
*You can also use snack size bags of Doritos instead of Fritos if you’d like.
*Cut the tops off of your bags of Fritos before your guests arrive so it’s easy to fill them with your homemade chili
How To Make A Walking Taco
- Dutch Oven
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6-8 little sweet peppers or 1 green and 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup Herdez Salsa or your favorite salsa
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Cup warm water
- 3 cans of beans drained (I used black, pinto and red kidney)
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of Kosher salt fresh cracked black pepper and Lawry's Garlic Salt with Parsley (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Bags of Fritos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped Jalapenos or green onions
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and peppers for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until browned. Drain if needed. I usually don't need to for the lean beef. Pour in tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste then stir to combine. Add 1 Cup warm water to thin out slightly then add in beans, olives, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic salt. I start with just a pinch of salt then keep tasting until it's to my liking. Add chopped cilantro and reduce heat to low to simmer until ready to serve.
- Open bags of fritos. Spoon in chili, cheese, sour cream and jalapenos. Stick a fork in it and eat!!
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!