How To Make Homemade Box Mix Brownies
Tags: brownie, brownie recipe, brownies, chocolate, dessert, homemade brownies
Sharing my favorite brownie recipe today, How To Make Homemade Box Mix Brownies! The perfect fudgy homemade brownies!
Doesn’t get better than homemade brownies. I’ve been playing around in the kitchen and have developed this recipe that is pretty darn close to the beloved box mix brownie. I tested them at room temperature and chilled. Both equally amazing. They are literally just right in every aspect!
Hope you enjoy! Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
Easy Homemade Brownies
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up a batch of your own. I used mini chocolate chips, but use your favorite chocolate chip. Up front in the glass bowls is flour, salt and sugar.
Start by adding partially melted butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Add just a touch of vegetable oil and a splash of vanilla.
Add 2 large eggs and mix until combined.
Time for the dry ingredients….flour, salt and baking powder.
Cocoa powder, unsweetened.
Chocolate chips! My favorite part 🙂
I had to refrain myself from licking this bowl clean. Best brownie batter ever!
Pour your batter into a parchment lined 8×11 inch baking dish. You can use a 9×13 inch but they’ll be much more thin and you’ll have to adjust your baking time. Same with a 8×8 inch. Thicker brownies and longer baking time. I find that this size pan was just right.
Once they cool, cut into squares and sink your teeth right in 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 stick unsalted butter partially melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a 8x11 inch baking dish with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until partially melted. Add sugar and oil, mix until well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla stirring until combined then add flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips. Stir until combined and thick.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely, about an hour. Lift parchment and brownies out of pan and cut into squares to serve.
Pin Homemade Brownies
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.