These Taco Toasted Green Chili Scrambled Eggs make the perfect breakfast any day of the week! They’re packed with green chilies, cheese, and seasoned with yummy taco seasoning!
Tasty Taco Toasted Green Chili Scrambled Eggs
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple to prepare Mexican-style recipes the whole family will enjoy. We love making breakfast recipes for breakfast and even for dinner quite often. You are going to love these flavor packed scrambled eggs. Simple and a family favorite.
You’ll need Old El Paso’s chopped green chilies to add to your eggs.
I add about 3 tablespoons per 6 eggs.
Just a little salt, pepper and taco seasoning in the eggs as well.
Tips For Making Perfect Scrambled Eggs
*The pan should be warm enough to melt the butter, but not hot enough to make it sizzle. If the eggs bubble and hiss when they hit the pan, simply lift the pan off the heat until things calm down.
*Whisk the eggs in a bowl until the white and yolks are thoroughly blended before adding them to the pan. Stir vigorously until no clumps or ropey strands of egg white are visible when you lift the whisk or fork from the bowl. Whisking also incorporates air that produces fluffier eggs.
*Add salt and pepper during the whisking step so that the seasoning is well incorporated. You can also add more when they’re served, if you like.
Time to cook and scramble! Use a rubber spatula to gently stir the eggs as they cook.
Right before serving I add a small handful of shredded cheese to the eggs to melt.
Butter your warm toast and lightly sprinkle with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. So so good! Hope you enjoy!
Taco Toasted Green Chili Scrambled Eggs
- 6 large Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices buttered toast cut in half sprinkled with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- Heat 12 inch non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Place eggs into large bowl. Add green chilies, salt, pepper and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine. Spray pan lightly with cooking spray then pour in eggs. With rubber spatula, stir to cook and scramble eggs. Top with cheese and fold into eggs gently.
- Transfer eggs to serving dish and serve with buttered toast that is lightly sprinkled with taco seasoning.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.