These Weeknight Chicken Stacked Enchiladas are the perfect dinner for busy school nights!
Thrilled to share this fun dinner recipe from 2013 with you! I love bringing back some of my favorites! My Weeknight Chicken Stacked Enchiladas will have the whole family excited for dinner. Instead of rolling enchiladas into a baking dish, you stack them right on top of each other layered with my enchilada sauce, cheese and avocado.
Hope you enjoy!
We start the recipe by making a simple roux. Melt a stick a’ buttah then whisk in your flour.
Once smooth, whisk in your chicken broth until thick and bubbly.
Time for the cheese! This cheese sauce is pretty ridiculous. Try dipping a tortilla chip and tell me what you think 🙂 Add your Ranch dressing seasoning and cumin next.
Add bacon, chicken, green chilies and tomatoes. Give a good mix and taste. Soooo good! You can use this sauce on a number of recipes. Try pouring it over pasta and nachos!
Pan-fry the corn tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side. They’ll still be soft.
Get a nice spoonful of your sauce ready.
Spread a spoonful of enchilada sauce over a tortilla. Add a sprinkle of cheese please.
Top with another tortilla and repeat with sauce, cheese, avocado slices and cilantro. Drooling over here.
Yah, these are pretty incredible. Enjoy.
Weeknight Chicken Stacked Enchiladas
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry Ranch Dressing seasoning packet
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 strips cooked crisped bacon, crumbled
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 10 ounce can Rotel Mild Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 12 white corn tortillas, taco size
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, for garnish
- Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat to melt. Once melted, whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in chicken broth. Heat and stir until thick and bubbly. Once thick, stir in cheese and reduce heat to low. Add Ranch seasoning, cumin, bacon, chicken, green chilies and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
- Heat olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry tortillas for about 30 seconds each side and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Continue until all 12 tortillas are pan-fried. You may need to add more oil after a few batches.
- For each serving, place a tortilla onto a serving plate. Top with a spoonful of sauce and top with a pinch or two of cheese. Place another tortilla on top and repeat with sauce and cheese. Top with avocado slices and cilantro leaves if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.