Cheesy Chicken and Rice
This Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! It's a creamy, flavorful rice dish that's packed with chicken, vegetables and just the right seasonings.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
Pour in chicken broth and stir in rice. Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid gone. Stir and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
Stir in chicken and parsley. Top with cheese and cover with lid to melt. Remove lid and serve warm.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5910IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg