Chicken Taco Soup Boats
These fun and tasty Chicken Taco Soup Boats make the perfect dinner for the whole family! They're super quick and easy to make, and a bit more exciting than the traditional taco.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Old El Paso Flour Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and heat oil in large skillet or pot over medium heat. Saute chopped onions and minced garlic until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add chicken, broth, seasonings, sour cream and cilantro to pot. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low to simmer.
place taco boats onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp. Remove and top with shredded cheese. Return to over for 5 minutes to melt. Spoon soup into crisp taco boats and serve warm. Garnish tops with additional shredded cheese if desired.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1123mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 4mg