Cheesy Chicken Enchilada and Rice Soup
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada and Rice Soup makes the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner. It's packed with your favorite Mexican flavors!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- two 19 ounce cans Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice I used white basmati
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Place enchilada sauce and chicken broth into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Stir in chicken rice, cumin, sour cream and cheese, stirring until hot and cheese melted. Before serving stir in the fresh cilantro. Top each bowl with additional cheese and cilantro if desired.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1730mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1679IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 2mg