Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole
This Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast or brunch recipe! Pop it into the oven when you wake up and breakfast will be ready in less than an hour!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 8 cups cubed crusty loaf
- 1 pound ground sausage cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, diced green chilies, shredded cheese and chopped green onion into prepared baking dish.
Place eggs, milk, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and smoked paprika into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and pour over bread mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
When ready, remove dish from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dish for 45-55 minutes, until set. Before serving, top with cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Cut into squares.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 702IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 1mg