Weeknight Beef Taco Pasta
- 1 pound dry small pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet Old El Paso Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Old El Paso whole green chilies chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat 5 quart dutch oven or pot full of water over medium heat. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened. Add ground beef, salt and pepper cooking until crumbled and browned. Add cooked pasta back to dutch oven, stir in beef mixture, taco seasoning, chilies,tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2.8mg