Chicken and Roasted Corn Mexican Rice
This Chicken and Roasted Corn Mexican Rice is a simple, flavorful dish to have as a side or eat on its own. It also happens to be my favorite mexican rice recipe!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups dry rice I used brown today
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt
- 2 cups finely shredded chicken
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels mine were from Trader Joe’s frozen section
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Cook rice according to package directions. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking until tender about 5 minutes.
Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes until hot.
Transfer to a 9×13 inch dish, top with warm shredded chicken and corn. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve warm.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg