Chicken and Black Bean Green Chili Rice Skillet
This Chicken and Black Bean Green Chili Rice Skillet is a healthy, quick and simple weeknight dinner idea!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups dry brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 4 ounce cans diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup black beans drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tsp hot sauce I used Cholula
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and heat cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Cook rice according to packaging directions and set aside. Heat oil in skillet and when hot, add onion and garlic, stirring until softened about 5 minutes.
Stir in cooked rice, green chiles, black beans, cumin, lime juice, chicken and hot sauce.
Top with cheeses and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1.7mg