Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad
This Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad is so fresh, healthy and delicious. This is going to be your new go-to recipe for days when you want lasting energy and strength!
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 8 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt (more can be added after tasting)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups arugula leaves washed and dried
- 2 large avocados pitted and thinly sliced
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and fluff with fork. Let cool for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
When quinoa is cooled for the most part, add Parmesan, tomatoes, cucumber, Feta, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
To prepare dressing, place olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a large mason jar. Close lid and shake like crazy for a good minute, or until dressing is nicely combined. Drizzle half into quinoa, stirring to combine. Save remaining dressing for drizzling over greens.
Divide arugula between 4 large plates. Top arugula with large spoonfuls of quinoa and garnish plate with avocado slices. Drizzle greens with a touch of dressing and serve.
Calories: 768kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1489mg | Potassium: 1420mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2465IU | Vitamin C: 34.8mg | Calcium: 495mg | Iron: 6.4mg