Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup
This Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for busy weeknights and lazy sick days. It's so simple to prepare and full of amazing flavors!
Servings 8 servings
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced mild green pepper
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz prepared pesto
- 4 cups cooked pasta ditalini or small noodles of choice
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place oil in large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and celery until softened about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
Stir in cooked chicken, chicken broth, pesto, cooked pasta, garlic salt and pepper. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3035IU | Vitamin C: 6.5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.2mg