Turkey Bacon Chili Mac
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Anaheim green chile or other mild chile
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 36 ounces broth I used chicken
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 4 cups cooked (slightly undercookeDitalini pasta
- 20 strips cooked crumbled bacon pieces (I used the microwave ready)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, green chili and garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
Add turkey, salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and Ranch Dressing Seasoning. Stir to combine.
Stir in cooked pasta and bacon pieces. Simmer on low until ready to serve. Serve with chopped green onions if desired.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 781mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg