Chicken Black Bean Taco Bake
This Chicken Black Bean Taco Bake makes the perfect fun and fresh weeknight dinner. This tasty taco bake is done in about 30 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 5 corn tortillas cut into eighths
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place olive oil into a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add chicken, beans, olives and cut up tortillas. Stir to combined.
Place salsa and cream into a medium bowl and add to skillet, stirring to combine. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1334mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 723IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 3mg