Easy Chicken and Rice Recipe
This Easy Chicken and Rice Recipe is full of delicious vegetables and makes such a great dinner!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped white onion
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 6 cups prepared rice medley
- 2-3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute zucchini, squash, and onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken, beans, rice, cumin, salt, pepper and parsley stirring to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until hot.
Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 127g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4mg