Cheesy Green Chile and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits
Servings 10 servings
- 6 tablespoons Land O'Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil plus more for spreading
- 2 tablespoons milk diced green chiles
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
Place butter in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and microwave until melted, about 60 seconds. Slowly whisk in buttermilk to combine.
Place flour, baking powder, salt and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then slowly fold in butter/buttermilk until just combined. Fold in cheese, bacon pieces and green chiles to combine as well.
With a large cookie scoop or 1/3 measuring cup, place biscuit dough onto your prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before handling.
Place Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil and green chiles into a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined then use for spreading on insides of warm split rolls.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 499mg | Potassium: 177mg | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 1.2mg