Salsa Verde Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Servings 6 Servings
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice I found precooked wild rice at Target
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 12 ounces salsa verde mild
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag tortilla chips optional
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped for garnish if desired
Heat medium dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped chicken, wild rice, broth, salsa verde, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
To serve, place crushed tortilla chips into bottom of bowls, top with hot soup then top with avocado slices. Serve immediately.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1278mg | Potassium: 811mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.5mg