Holiday Stovetop Potpourri
This Holiday Stovetop Potpourri recipe makes the whole house smell like the Holidays! It's a perfect Christmas gift for neighbors too!
Servings 2 cups
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves or 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange peel quartered (fresh cranberries are also great to add as well)
- 1 whole nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups water
Place water into a small saucepan. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, vanilla bean, nutmeg and orange peels. Turn heat to medium until water starts to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer as long as desired.
Check water level every 1/2 hour that you have simmering. Water needs to be added as needed. Do not let water evaporate. Use potpourri for 2 days (adding additional water as necessary) then discard and make a new batch. Makes 2 Cups Potpourri
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 34mg | Fiber: 6g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 0.9mg