Chocolate Malted Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick butter browned, see instructions below
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder I used Carnation Brand
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
To brown butter, melt stick of butter in small saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook and bubble while swirling pan often, until brown bits start forming on bottom of pan. When butter turns a golden brown color, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Place cooled brown butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in brown sugar mixing until well combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, malted milk, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined then add chocolate and Oreo cookies. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before transferring. Serve room temperature.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 74mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.7mg