Bacon Parmesan Summer Pasta
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook bacon in large Dutch oven or pot until crisped and brown. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces. Reserve bacon drippings. Place heirloom tomatoes onto a medium baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices start flowing and skin splits.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
Place 2 tablespoons bacon drippings into a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn and asparagus, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese. Toss gently. Drizzle in 2 additional tablespoons of bacon drippings. Season according to your liking with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 1027mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 2.6mg