Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza Pasta Bake
This Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza Pasta Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner for busy times. It's such a comforting dish that is sure to hit the spot!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound dry mini penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups prepared BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and corn, cook and stir for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in BBQ sauce and cream, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then add cooked pasta, stirring to combine. Transfer to baking dish, top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 1.7mg