Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Pasta Bake
This Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Pasta Bake is an easy weeknight dinner idea the whole family is going to love! It's my favorite way to enjoy a grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 pound dry/uncooked penne pasta I used mini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups prepared Tomato Soup Trader Joe's has a great one
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place butter into a large skillet over medium heat to melt. When melted add pasta, bacon pieces, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to combine them remove from heat.
Place Imagine Creamy Tomato Soup into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cumin and paprika to combine. Pour soup into bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves then top with pasta. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove and serve warm.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg