Mexican Chicken Soup
This zesty Mexican Chicken Soup is simple to prepare for those busy weeknights, and it's full of great flavors! This one's a crowd pleaser all right.
Servings 12 servings
- 2 cups uncooked rice of choice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 64 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and garlic for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Add rice, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Stir in tomato sauce.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes, lime juice and hot sauce and cilantro, stirring. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1098IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg