Pepperoni Pizza Mac and Cheese
This Pepperonia Pizza Mac and Cheese could not be more delicious! Pizza toppings mixed into homemade mac and cheese. Yes please!
- 1 pound box small dry pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups halved pepperoni slices
- 15 ounce can black olives drained (optional)
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups milk I used skim
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce I used skim
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Heat oil in large 5 quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pepperoni and olives. In a separate large dutch oven or pot melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt pepper and garlic salt until thick. Slowly whisk in milk. Increase heat to medium high stirring until nice and thick. Once sauce is thickened, reduce heat to low. Stir in 3 cups of cheese then stir in cooked pasta and pepperoni mixture. Add splashes of milk to thin out cheese sauce to your liking. I added about 1/2 cup. Transfer half of the mac and cheese to prepared baking dish and top with remaining marinara sauce. Top with remaining mac and cheese then remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.
Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1927mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1246IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 469mg | Iron: 2mg