Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
This Chicken Bruschetta Recipe makes the perfect appetizer or even light dinner. Ultra flavorful and a crowd pleaser.
- 5 firm Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 large fresh basil leaves stacked, rolled then thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Ciabatta bread or French Loaf split
- 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1- 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola depending on how much you like
- 1 large chicken breast shredded
Preheat oven’s broiler with rack 5-6 inches from top.
To prepare bruschetta topping, place diced tomatoes, garlic, sliced basil leaves, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Place split bread cut side up onto a large baking sheet. Spread with butter and season with garlic salt. Top evenly with gorgonzola cheese and shredded chicken. Top with bruschetta topping and place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Remove, cut into 2 inch slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings, 2 slices of toast each
Calories: 470.17kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.83g | Protein: 21.12g | Fat: 25.76g | Saturated Fat: 13.64g | Cholesterol: 75.39mg | Sodium: 1200.74mg | Potassium: 334.14mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 1.91g | Vitamin A: 1042.26IU | Vitamin C: 7.53mg | Calcium: 159.57mg | Iron: 0.37mg