How To Make Creamed Corn | Cream Cheese Corn
This easy creamed corn recipe makes the perfect Thanksgiving side dish! In fact this simple dish is such a hit with my family that we enjoy it all year round!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 4 15.25 ounce and whole kernel corn drained, about 6 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt Lawry's
- 3 ounces cream cheese full fat
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place oil and butter into a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add corn, salt, pepper and garlic salt stirring to combine. Add cream cheese, stir until melted and creamy. Stir in Parmesan Cheese and sugar, stirring to combine. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg