Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder
This Creamy Autumn Corn Chowder is the perfect snack or appetizer for the chilly time of year! You'll fall in love with this tasty and comforting chowder recipe!
Servings 8 cups
- 2 slices bacon reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leek white parts only
- 10 oz butternut squash peeled, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 cups corn fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub reduced sodium chicken stock Knorr Homestyle
- 1 pkg chicken flavor rice sides Knorr
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
Stir in Knorr Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken and Rice Sides - Chicken flavor. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through. Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4247IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg