Peanut Butter Bananas Foster French Toast
Peanut Butter Bananas Foster French Toast is the best french toast I've ever had! This easy breakfast recipe is filled with sweet deliciousness!
Servings 7 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream do not substitute
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6-8 slices bread cinnamon bread, brioche, French
- 6 tbsp butter for skillet
- 1 cup pure maple syrup do not substitute
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or rum extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 cups sliced bananas depending on preference
Preheat large skillet over medium heat.
Place eggs, cream brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter into hot skillet to melt, swirling pan. Add egg dipped bread slice to skillet, cooking 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer cooked piece of toast to a clean plate and repeat this process until all bread has been used.
Place maple syrup and peanut butter into a skillet over medium heat. Stir to melt peanut butter into syrup. Stir in vanilla then heavy cream.
Let mixture bubble for about 5 minutes, stirring often to thicken. Add sliced bananas and cook for 1 minute. Pour peanut butter syrup sauce and bananas over warm French toast. Serve immediately.
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 838IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg