Hearty Chicken Barley Soup with Vegetables
This Hearty Chicken Barley Soup with Vegetables is such a delicious and comforting dish! It's the perfect feel-good soup for sick days!
Servings 9 servings
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots halved & sliced
- 4 stalks of celery diced
- 3 cups fresh green beans diced, haricot verts
- 3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups cooked barley
- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp whole grain brown mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat.
When hot, add onion, carrots, celery, and green beans.
Cook and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in chicken, barley, broth, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme.
Reduce heat to low and simmer on low until ready to serve. Season with additional seasonings if desired.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4843IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg