Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is the best banana bread I've ever had! You won't be disappointed in this one!
- 1 stick butter salted, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder I like to use Hershey's dark
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups I get mine from Trader Joe's
- 1 cup chocolate chunks melted to drizzle on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a regular size loaf pan with cooking spray.
Place butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar into a large mixing bowl, mixing until creamed nicely. Add eggs and vanilla mixing until well combined. Stir in bananas mixing well. Slowly add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt mixing until batter is combined. Add chocolate chunks and peanut butter cups, stirring to combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan spreading evenly. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until baked through and toothpick comes out mostly clean from center. Remove and let cool for an hour before transferring bread from pan. When cooled, flip and transfer to serving plate. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg