Southwest Chicken Chili Mac
This delicious Southwest Chicken Chili Mac is easy to make in a skillet and perfect for picky eaters! It's a healthy chicken pasta dish for the whole family!
Servings 6 servings
Dutch Oven or large pot
strainer for pasta
- 8 oz wagon wheel pasta noodles
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet peppers or bell peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 10 oz can rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup corn fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dry ranch seasoning from packet
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking.
Heat oil in 9 inch deep cast iron skillet. Add onions and peppers, cook stirring until softened about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add chicken, tomatoes, broth, corn, beans, 1 cup wagon wheel pasta, chili powder, cumin, Ranch seasoning and cilantro.
Stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 931IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg