Fudgy Homemade Brownies
These gooey, Fudgy Homemade Brownies could not be more simple to preapre and make some of the best brownies I've had. You'll love this chocolate chunk brownie!
8 x 8 inch baking dish
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I prefer and use the Hershey's Dark Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick salted butter melted and hot to the touch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks I get the milk chocolate block from Trader Joe's and cut my own chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Place flour, cocoa powder and salt in a large mixing bowl, stir to combine. Place hot melted butter, oil, and sugars into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined, a good minute. Stir in eggs and vanilla, whisking another 2 minutes. Slowly stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, gently stirring just until batter forms. Fold in chocolate chunks and transfer to baking dish. Spread evenly and bake for 22-26 minutes, until mostly baked through. If you want gooey brownies, remove at 22 or 23 minutes. Let bake longer for a more cooked brownie. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature or warmed with a scoop of ice cream.
- For gooey brownies, remove from oven at 22-26 minutes of baking. For a more cooked brownie, remove at about 30 minutes.
- Top brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce too!
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg