Smoky Turkey and Saffron Red Rice
The distinct flavor of Saffron Red Rice is combined with ground turkey and green beans to create a delicious all-in-one meal.
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 3 Tablespoons grape seed oil (you can use olive oil if you need)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped white onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 15 oz cans green beans drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Gourmet Roasted Cumin
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Gourmet garlic salt
- 1 heaping tsp McCormick Gourmet Spanish Saffron threads
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil into a large 5 quart dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
Saute onions for 5 minutes or until translucent and softened. Stir in garlic and stir for 1 minute.
Add turkey, salt, pepper and cook until cooked through and crumbled.
Stir in green beans, rice, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika, garlic salt and saffron threads. Stir until well combined.
Taste and season according to your liking. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg