Bacon Chicken Orzo Soup
This Bacon Chicken Orzo Soup is simple to make, hearty and perfect for any night of the week!
- 1 pound dry orzo
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 64 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 0.7 ounce packet Italian Dressing Seasoning mix
- 4-5 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1 cup crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves or 1/4 cup dried
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cook orzo according to package direction, but cook it 1 less minute than stated. Drain and set aside.
Place olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and garlic, stirring and cooking until softened. I let this cook for a good 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in chicken broth, Italian Dressing Seasoning mix, chicken, bacon and parsley. Stir and cook until hot. Reduce heat to low, stir in cooked orzo and let simmer until ready to serve. Season with salt and pepper according to your liking. Garnish each bowl with some fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2030IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg