Cinnamon and Sugar Toasted Mini Pita Fruit Nachos
Buttery pitas topped with rich melted chocolate, creamy mascarpone, and fresh fruit.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 package of mini pitas from Whole Foods or 6 regular size pitas cut into triangles will work (if you use 6 regular size pitas, make sure you double the remaining recipe except the fruit :)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries washed and chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 pint raspberries washed and dried
- 1 cup finely chopped good quality chocolate or chocolate chips
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese you can substitute softened cream cheese here if you wish
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place mini pitas and melted butter into a large ziplock bag. Shake around until all pitas are coated. Immediately place buttered pitas into a second large ziplock with sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Shake well until all pitas are coated. Place coated pitas onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pitas are crisp.
Place the chocolate over a double broiler, stirring until melted. Drizzle over crisped pitas and transfer to cooling rack. You can let the chocolate harden or serve with it melted. Place mascarpone cheese and honey into a mixing bowl; mix to combine. With a small cookie scoop, scoop a dollop of honeyed mascarpone onto the centers of each pita. Place all fruit into a large mixing bowl. Spoon fruit over mascarpone and pita. Serve immediately.