Chicken Sausage Florentine Rigatoni
An easy pasta bake packed with veggies. It makes a great quick and healthy dinner recipe for busy weeknights!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 26 oz can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 15 oz can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 8 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 lb dry rigatoni noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted down. Add chicken sausage and salt; cook until cooked through.
Place both cans of tomatoes into a food processor and process until nearly smooth. Add to skillet along with fresh basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
3.Cook rigatoni according to packaging directions. Drain and transfer to sauce. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.